The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

gogopix

Subscriber
Well, you all are making me jealous. HOWEVER, LEica NJ just called; my revamped R9 and DMR are on their way.

I now have 6 cameras that can use R lenses:

R9/Film
R9/DMR
Kodak SLR/c w adapter
Sigma 14 w R body mount (true!)
Truewide with R mount (for all Phase backs with Contax
M9 (I focus with R9, then swap to M( with R>M adapter get 18MP!)
Pentax K-7 with LEITAX adapter for lenses (CURRENTLY ON 400/6.8)

maybe I'll start a thread
hell, maybe I'll start a SITE!!:ROTFL:

BTW notice that not ONE is a Canon! (I ignore my son-inLaw's Rebel :eek: ) and of coutrse you can use ANY 4/3 camera as well.

regards
to all DMRer and Rer's

Victor

David K

Workshop Member
Just got my DMR back from service and thought I'd give it a whirl with some model shots... Clearwater Beach, Fl., 35-70 2.8 zoom.

robsteve

Subscriber
Just got my DMR back from service and thought I'd give it a whirl with some model shots... Clearwater Beach, Fl., 35-70 2.8 zoom.
They look great. The DMR excels on reds like in the bikini shot.

BTW, did you get another 35-70mm or borrow one?

Robert

doug

A couple made yesterday in the marshes of Yolo County, a few miles west of here:

Arne Hvaring

Doug, what a series of outstanding images you've posted recently! You seem able to nail the focus perfectly even with these fleeting subjects.

Btw. I wonder if that 280mm apo must be my next lens :).

Here's a shot with the 100mm Apo-Macro.

robsteve

Subscriber
Just playing around with the 180mm f3.4 APO and the DMR. I had to grab the camera when I saw the light. Bit of a power line in the lower left corner.

Seascape

Robert, good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks the 180 Apo-Telyt is still a great lens.....mine's with me for life, truly a classic :thumbup:

paulmoore

well I thought I would try to revive this old thread and get some more dmr images out there. The second shot won an award in the lastest international color awards for professional, abstract. ..shot with 28mm. My son was shot with a 35mmlux. I have been using a gh1 lately trying to see how life is with an electronic viewfinder and getting my head around it.. but here I am, reminded that dmr files are a joy to work on, I will be shooting more with it. :thumbup:

G

gmanp

Really like those 2 shots, Paul.
The 2nd one is really, really nice for it's simplicity, very good.
I bought a DMR a couple of months ago, am trying to work up the nerve to post pics here :)

paulmoore

thanks for the comments..
I haven't posted much but think this is the place to be if you want info on your dmr, so go ahead and post and ask questions if they come up..many of us have been around the block with the dmr.
I have more of my personal work from the dmr posted on my website and blog.
good luck and remember to expose to maintain highlights.. at least .5 under in exp. comp.

Nitnaros

Started using the R9/DMR for panos;
mainly with 35-lux, 60-macro and 90-apo-cron.

Stormking sculpture garden from today with the 90-cron; a double-row pano cropped.

Peter

gero

What a wonderful shot Dough, those hands and the face look so?? human?? at the same time tender and scary. I wouldn't want a fight with this guy even though he looks still like a child.