The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

doug

More Ardeidae: the local fish hatchery has a very cooperative Great Blue Heron but I've been struggling with lighting and backgrounds. I'm trying to illustrate the heron's motionless hunting posture, so I used a tripod :eek:, the camera's base ISO and stopped down :eek: enough to use a 1/2 second shutter speed:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, wading boots.

JHellow

More Ardeidae: the local fish hatchery has a very cooperative Great Blue Heron but I've been struggling with lighting and backgrounds. I'm trying to illustrate the heron's motionless hunting posture, so I used a tripod :eek:, the camera's base ISO and stopped down :eek: enough to use a 1/2 second shutter speed:

I wonder how this would have looked with a polarizing filter so that you had no reflection off the water and consequently a darker background. I do appreciate the smoke-like affect of the long exposure on the water. It is a great image.

JHellow

doug

I wonder how this would have looked with a polarizing filter so that you had no reflection off the water and consequently a darker background. I do appreciate the smoke-like affect of the long exposure on the water. It is a great image.

JHellow
A polarizing filter for the 280 APO is on my wish list.

doug

A few days ago at my back yard bird feeder:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, tripod, blind. No crop.

robsteve

Subscriber
A polarizing filter for the 280 APO is on my wish list.
Doug:

Which Polarizer does it use? I might have one here that fits it. I think I have the Series 5.5 and Series 6 in the special drawers that I bought when I happened to see them for sale. I have not used either since I got them.

Just checked the camera cabinet, I have 13338 (ser 5.5) and 13340 (ser 6).

Robert

doug

Doug:

Which Polarizer does it use? I might have one here that fits it. I think I have the Series 5.5 and Series 6 in the special drawers that I bought when I happened to see them for sale. I have not used either since I got them.

Just checked the camera cabinet, I have 13338 (ser 5.5) and 13340 (ser 6).

Robert
Robert you're my hero :) I'll check to see which one it uses & then we talk about the price. PM sent.

Paratom

Wow, thats really an impressive image. I wouldent believe they stand that still.

ANd the color and tonality just great.
It is really a shame they didnt continue the DMR/R.

G

gmanp

Sadie, always shakes off the water after coming back to me :)
R8/DMR/28mm

robsteve

Subscriber
An Eagle on the lake we live on seems to have caught what looks like a duck for lunch. While not up to Doug's standards, I figured I would post it. The last time we saw an eagle on the ice, I barely made it out my back door before he flew off. In this case I made it to the edge of the lake and shot with the 400mm and a 2x APO extender. Cropped in about 50% as well. It is raining a bit too, which kills the contrast at such distances.

Robert

paulmoore

yesterday in lower Manhattan, the New Museum on Bowery and Prince.
The pattern / texture of the building facade played havoc with my dmr sensor,
shot with the 135mm elmarit.

Nitnaros

Spring finally came in town (northern New Jersey);

I take the R9-DMR most of the time as walk-around camera when there are reasonable light levels and I want accurate framing and colors.

The last image shows the contrast between the way we build houses today and what was built 100 years ago...

Peter

doug

Diego is a non-releasable Red-tailed Hawk at the UC Davis California Raptor Center:

both: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, shoulder stock & monopod

F

fabrispino

Here some picts with Dmr in Salzburg. I love very much quality of DMR and some of the lens R I have:

1st pict: Summilux 50 E60 1.4 100 iso 1/45
2nd pict:Apo Summicron 90 2 100 iso 1/90
3rd pict: Summilux 35 1.4 200 iso 1/45
4th pict: Summilux 35 1.4 200 iso 1/45

Last edited:

paulmoore

I am having a show May 8th - June 3rd at the Harrison, NY library.
"The Presence of Water"
Color and Black & White 17x22 epson fiber prints mostly from the DMR
with water as the unifying theme.
If you are in the area there will be a reception May 14 2pm - 4pm.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Paul, Good luck with the show! I'll be out of town until near the end of May but I would like to get by before it closes.