The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

doug

More captive raptors:

all: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, shoulder stock. All except second photo also with monopod.

Last edited:

doug

all: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, 1.4x APO-Extender-R, shoulder stock & monopod, old blue pickup truck used as a blind.

benroy

Subscriber Member
I'm using the "poor man's DMR": the Canon 40D with R lenses...I assume I'm in the right thread. Pics are all with 60/2.8R macro and the 40D:

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
"Poor man's DMR" (Canon 40D) with 180/4 Elmar-R...take look at upper left hand corner of Pic #3.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

Pretty good for a poor man's DMR, Roy. All excellent, but let's blame it to the lenses ;)
That lizard is a great little surprise.

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart. Uploads of 35/2.8 Elmarit and 135/2.8 Elmarit images are on the way later tonight...the 35 and 60 macro are truly excellent lenses...the others are also first rate.

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
"Poor man's DMR": Canon 40D with 135/2.8 Elmarit-R.

Fire hydrant is as close to a portrait as I could get at 7:15 AM...lens is purportedly a great portrait lens...we'll see, if I can get one of my fellow dog-walkers to stand still for a second.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
"Poor man's DMR": Canon 40D with 35/2.8 Elmarit-R...very fine lens...focuses down to about 12".

Roy Benson

Last edited:

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Hi guys! I've been away a bit, too busy with LUF ;)

I did a Birds workshop this weekend and despite miserable weather got some images I'd like to share with you. Don't hesitate to critique!

doug

Some new photos from the last few weeks.

Western Meadowlark:

California Ground Squirrel:

Black-tailed Deer:

All: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, shoulder stock & monopod. Meadowlark with 1.4x APO-Extender-R

doug

A very cooperative American Bittern in a late-season snow storm

demonstrating the "you can't see me" posture. It works in cattails and bull rushes

The "Bittern Walk"

All photos: R8/DMR. First two with 560mm f/6.8 Novoflex Telyt, third with 280mm f/4 APO + 1.4x APO-Extender-R

fotografz

A very cooperative American Bittern in a late-season snow storm

demonstrating the "you can't see me" posture. It works in cattails and bull rushes

The "Bittern Walk"

All photos: R8/DMR. First two with 560mm f/6.8 Novoflex Telyt, third with 280mm f/4 APO + 1.4x APO-Extender-R
Doug,

These are bold and delicate at the same time. Elegant and masterful work as always.

-Marc

doug

Northern River Otter in Yellowstone National Park a few days ago:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, shoulder stock & monopod.