The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

robsteve

Subscriber
Hello. This is a grate machine and I like it more and more. So I hope to contribute with pictures here.

this one is with the 35/70 2.8 and processed in Aperture.
Geronimo:

I really like this shot. The out of the norm diagonal composition makes the picture.

Robert

gero

Robert, I like the zoom for that, you can see out of focus and also with the viewfinder larger than the frame & with the ground glass screen you can really feel your way arround.

gero

yesterday I shot flamingos at low speeds at dusk and even if the pictures are not perfect, I like the look.

Last edited:

gero

so I guess we should not be afraid to use the 280/4 at speeds of 1/12 os so.
I don't think that I am particulary good at holding steel.

Last edited:

overgaarcom

One from Burkina Faso, Africa. Just editing pictures from there and this one is a bonus. Didn't think any of it, but his expression is great. It's a 50% crop, R9 DMR, 80mm Summilux-R f/1.4 @ f/8

overgaarcom

A shot from the streets of Denmark from today; my daughter fresh from the hairdresser, R9 DMR, 80mm Summilux-R f/1.4 @ f/3.4. 200 ISO, edit through Lightroom and some PS adjustments of eyes, highlights/shadows.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thorsten - lovely shot of your daughter. I find 3.4 a very sweet spot for portraits with the 80 Lux. Tell your daughter her hair looks great!

EH21

Thorsten,
Nice shot and beautiful daughter. I find that the 80lux/DMR makes a great shooting combination.
Regards,
Eric

overgaarcom

Thanks. Here's another one of her, but not as technically perfect as the above. But it might show why I start to get a bit nervous as a parent... She's just turned 12 years.

I prefer the 80mm at f/1.4 but some back-focusing have made me use the 80mm mostly on f/4.0 to f/5.6. But this one is at f/2.0.

cmb_

Went for a walk in the park today with the DMR. First stop, Turtle Pond.

First three DMR + 180/2.8 @ f/5.6, last one 180 + 2xAPO @ f/8

Nitnaros

Nice post, cmb.

I guess the 2xextender shots are from a tripod.

Are the other 180mm shots from a tripod/monopod, or handheld?

Regards,
Peter

cmb_

Peter - the first image of the turtle is handheld, the other three of the turtles are tripod mounted.
Of the other images, the two images with the bee, the bark on the three trees, and the image right above the bark image are tripod, the rest handheld.

P

Pedro Mendes

Just shooting florals lately.The flower is a carthamus.
R9+DMR,Apo-Macro-Elmarit 100.

Last edited:

doug

Pine Grosbeak feeding on wilted Delphinium flowers:

R8/DMR, 280 f/4 APO, shoulder stock.

Plants in the Delphinium genus are toxic to humans and animals during most of the year, apparently the Grosbeak is either immune to the toxins or has found a time of year when its toxicity is low.