The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

paul25

I'm about to pull the trigger on the DMR...
Can anyone tell me which software is best for processing?

I've heard that Photoshop ACR is not the one to use....

doug

A Costa's Hummingbird, a rare visitor to Sacramento County:

R8/DMR with 280mm f/4 APO & tripod.

doug

The Black-backed Woodpecker can be difficult to find. This nest was in the mountains between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO+1.4x APO-Extender-R, tripod

Last edited:

doug

Anna's Hummingbird in my yard last weekend:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, beat-up old Gitzo, home-made blind.

doug

Duck, duck, goose

Colusa National Wildlife Refuge in the northern part of California's Central Valley is a great place to see numerous wintering waterfowl, up close and personal.

Gadwall

male Northern Pintail

female Northern Pintail

male Northern Shoveler

female Northern Shoveler

Ross's Goose

Snow Goose

Greater White-fronted Goose

All photos: R8/DMR
Most photos: 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R, 1.4x APO-Extender-R

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Doug, you are truly an amazing dude.

I've enjoyed greatly watching your work for all these years we have known each other online. You are truly a master at what you do. You don't just capture images of wildlife either like some, you go further. Your images capture the essential spirit of the wild, and bring the detail close for all to glimpse. Your work is as graceful as the birds you shoot, both present themselves eloquently.

I just wanted to say thank you for persisting and perfecting what you do. And thanks for sharing the results and the process. Watching a master perfect and fine tune his craft while you shared the natural world you experience daily has been a double treat.

Thank you for continuing with the DMR also, whiteout question the finest ten megapixels I ever shot with. It isn't an easy camera to master but you certainly know how to make it sing.

Keep on Truckin' Dude!

PSon

Hi Marc,
Yes when it comes to colors, texture and the Leica R lens, it is my favorite digital back. It looks like it will die with me or I will die with it which ever comes first.
Best Regards,
-Son