The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

doug

White-headed Woodpecker, Yuba Pass California:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, big old Gitzo & blind

doug

Least Chipmunk, Sierra County California

All: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R, fill flash

topoxforddoc

Another one to show that the DMR is not just a daylight camera. :)

Mel C (Melanie Chisholm - one of the Spice Girls) with Jools Holland at Cornbury Festival in the UK - July 2014

DMR 180 summicron R

Thanks for looking

Charlie
Charlie Chan

doug

One of the resident Anna's Hummingbirds likes to play in the spray of the birdbath in my yard:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R

Gbealnz

I've always been captivated by your shots Doug, and more so (no disrespect intended, as I had for a brief time myself, the R8/DMR) given the "older" equipment.

This latest shot though has thrown me completely, it IS stunning. You are truly a master of the craft.
Gary

fotografz

Honestly Doug, these are unique. They have a fine art etching quality to them. Audubon would have approved. The second House Finch is my favorite.

- Marc

doug

Thanks guys.. I sweat the details for these 'yard' photos where I have a lot more control of perches and backgrounds, and now that I've retired from the cube farm I can wait for the right light and activity. These photos are my favs from about a month of work.

topoxforddoc

Western Bluebird:

Doug,

That's just beautiful. I never ceased to be amazed by how good the DMR is. I remember you bemoaning not using your SL and SL2 and how the DMR was going to require some getting used to.

Best wishes,

Charlie

doug

Northern River Otter, Sacramento County California:

Last edited:

topoxforddoc

Here's one from 18 months ago, taken at the Goodwood Revival vintage motorsport event in England. DMR 28-90

My apologies for altering it slightly, as it has been processed in ColorEfex with the Kodak Portra 160NC profile