The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Wista SP 4x5 Technical Field Camera- $725

This camera is in excellent condition, I’d say 8.5 on scale of 10, only because of a few small nicks or scratches in the paint from normal use (so Leica collectors can stop here!). I had it cleaned and adjusted last October by Rod Klukas at Photomark in Phoenix, from whom I bought it a few years ago.

The SP is a super-rigid, sophisticated folding metal (aluminum) field camera with a revolving Graflok spring back, folding focusing hood which protects the fresnel ground glass when closed, and a bright focusing screen. Has 56mm front rise and 40mm lateral shift, about as good as it gets in field cameras. It is solid, smooth and built like a tank. The SP offers microfocus back swing, variable swing and tilt movements in both front and back.

Accepts regular 4x5 film holders, Grafmatic, Quickload and Polaroid holders with ease; graflok back allows easy use of roll film holder and other graflok-type attachments. Takes Linhof Technika-style boards, so widely available. You can also store it with a small lens in place for quick setup- my 135mm fits perfectly. Wista offers a 5x7 back adapter, focusing hoods, etc. Bellows are interchangeable.

This camera currently sells new at B&H for $2,225; they have two used models which they rate 8+ selling for $1,299 and $1,399. You can buy this camera for about 1/3 of the new price and about half that of the used units- it is every bit as good (if not better).

If you are looking for a great buy on a great camera, this is it!

Last edited:
Re: Wista SP 4x5 Technical Field Camera- $725

Could a kindly moderator please move this to the proper Buy/Sell Forum? Thank you!