The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noctiluxiana: Monumental Cemetery, Milan

vieri

Last December I was in Milan, and decided to pay a visit to the famous Cimitero Monumentale, a monumental cemetery (as the name says) where rich people, important & noble families had their final resting places. Nowadays, there aren't any free spots anymore, and one can get buried there only if their family grave is there.

All pictures taken with a leica M2 and a Noctilux, wide open or thereabouts; film was Arista Premium 100 (a.k.a. Plus X) developed in 510-Pyro and scanned with a Coolscan 9000.

A few samples here:

The rest of the pictures is
http://www.pbase.com/vieripbase/monumentale_root
here.

As always, C&C are very welcome.

woodyspedden

Vieri

I too have taken many pictures at this cemetery and would love to go back to do more.

It was great to see the final resting place of Horowitz and Arturo Toscanini and imagine them dancing on the devil's fireplace. When you listen to their recordings and find the wonder of their work, my God what a memorial for all of us to share.

Love this stuff

Thanks Vladimir and Arturo..........your work lives on

Woody

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I love to shoot in cemeteries and you work is wonderful.

Seeing this is one reason, I keep turning back to film.

vieri

Vieri

I too have taken many pictures at this cemetery and would love to go back to do more.

It was great to see the final resting place of Horowitz and Arturo Toscanini and imagine them dancing on the devil's fireplace. When you listen to their recordings and find the wonder of their work, my God what a memorial for all of us to share.

Love this stuff

Thanks Vladimir and Arturo..........your work lives on

Woody
Woody, thank you very much for your nice comment - I also much appreciated, as a musician by formation and former soloist, the Horowitz/Toscanini reference! :biggrin:

wow very nice!!!
Thank you very much! :biggrin:

I love to shoot in cemeteries and you work is wonderful.

Seeing this is one reason, I keep turning back to film.
Hello John, thank you very much! About film... well, after a (too long) short digital-only hiatus, it's a while since I have been using film for everything, though sided by digital when the gig requires it. But I can easily say that even when I have to use digital I haven't been caught film-less for a couple of years now... and loving it! :biggrin: