The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tea in the Grand Bazaar

gogopix

Subscriber
Interesting. The comment that 'shoot from the waist is more dramatic' is exactly the single difference that matters to me in the original shot - getting a feeling for space, in this case, the high ceiling in a small area.
shooting a 20 story bldg from a next door building from the 10th floor can be dull. From ground or 40th floor, and you get a dramatic perspective.
Here, I got the feeling of someone 'coming down stairs' upon an typical city scene. Typical of looking at NY city subway liosks from stairs to the trains. (for those out west, think looking up or down at a person in a canyon! :D)

Anyway, always learning. I tried some "from the floor " shots in euro churches that were interesting, but not as dramatic, since they were too long a perspective (and 12mm)

Victor

PS glad you kept the shot as is!:angel:

vieri

Thank you everyone for commenting & participating, the discussion has been very interesting :D still, the photo stays as it first was... ;)