The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Frank Gehry's "Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame"

JimCollum

Frank Gehry's "Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame"

.. in Seattle

35mm preasph Lux

50mm preasph Lux

simonclivehughes

Re: Frank Gehry's "Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of F

Great images, Jim. I lived in Seattle for nine years and saw it go up. It's one of Gehry's that I think looks better in small slices (as you've shown it) rather than as a whole.

I love the muted tones you've captured, especially in the third and the last pictures.

Cheers,

Scott G

Re: Frank Gehry's "Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of F

WOW, fantastic!

I usually lean toward B&W, but the color shots really do it for me here.

S

S.P.

Deconstructivism is getting boring.

Time for something new.

It´s Frank O. Gehry btw.

JimCollum

Deconstructivism is getting boring.

Time for something new.

It´s Frank O. Gehry btw.
uh.. so? It's also Jim G. Collum.. but that's pretty irrelevant (especially since his own website omits the O. )

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Absolutely great and very inspirational, Jim :thumbup:
The subtle colour contrasts really work.

Frank Gehry
Frank O. Gehry
Frank Owen Gehry
Ephraim Owen Goldberg

Who cares? He's a great architect :lecture:

stephengilbert

Define "architect." He's certainly great at something.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Define "architect." He's certainly great at something.
Now that's an interesting question, since the word "architect" derives from the Greek arkhitekton ("arkhi", chief and "tekton", builder), i.e. chief builder, and Mr. Gehry is undoubtedly at least as much a designer as he is a builder. Maybe "Designer of reality" would be more appropriate, the reality that surrounds us when we move about in cities.

In that case, "Photographer" might be insufficient to describe what we do. How about "Depicter of Reality" :confused:

David K

Workshop Member

Beautiful images Jim... thanks for sharing them.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Very nice work! Some very subtle color. Thanks for posting them.

Lewis44

Beautiful images Jim... thanks for sharing them.
Hat's off from a fellow Bay Area Leica User.

atanabe

Jim,
Nice images! The cotton candy clouds provide a nice contrast to the smooth, reflective surfaces of the building. The neat thing about this building is that it is always changing color and character with the light.

drazin

damn! those are lovely images. amazing tone and light! is that on an m8?

JimCollum

damn! those are lovely images. amazing tone and light! is that on an m8?
yup.. M8 (pretty much straight out of Lightroom) and most with the 35mm preasph Lux (a couple from the 50mm preasph lux)

i love that camera

drazin

damn. the desire for an m8 has grown! do i give up on film??? maybe its time :(

Maarten

Wonderful, Jim, really wonderful. I'm jealous.

stevem8

These are really AMAZING. Wow...

JimCollum

damn. the desire for an m8 has grown! do i give up on film??? maybe its time :(
Thanks everyone for the kind feedback

The M8 has become one of my favorite cameras to have owned ( Mamiya 7II, Ebony 4x5, Nikon F3 are the others). While it might not be the camera most used for professional work, it is by far the most fun.. and one that I *always* have with me.