The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

An Afternoon With The 75mm Summarit

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Just a short pictorial with the 75mm summarit. I've always been a big fan of the 75mm focal length on the M8 and even a bigger fan of the 75lux. For the price (by Leica standards), the summarit is a very nice lens.

Kurt

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Kurt

Whenever I look at the Summarit images..they remind me of the lenses like the 50/1.4 pre asph. The native contrast(before we apply the powertool adjustments) is less than asph lenses or the zeiss. They are plenty sharp and with a natural looking color rendering.

I would suggest a little experimentation with curves /clarity/or contrast to increase the contrast. Especially the midtones.

I think your pictures are great but .at least in the jpegs ..would benefit from a little more pop..and I think its in there.

akiralx

Yes, I just got a 75 Summarit (I still have the Summicron) and am very impressesd with it, though the hood is a bit large.

I shot it on Saturday at a family barbecue and found the FL ideal.

stevem8

The 75 Summarit is a great lens. I did sell mine and already miss it! To me, the only drawback vs the cron is the minimum focus distance. I feel for IQ, its up there with the cron easily.