The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New statement by Leica on the M8

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I like the sound of this too.
Not having to pay until the work is done removes my resistance. I will sign up for the works.
-bob

S

sirvine

That is just a bizarre offer, but I guess it works. I'll stop trying to run their business for them now!

D

Digital Dude

After reading the change to the upgrade program I’m left somewhat bewildered. I knew when I purchased my M8 in November; it was a different kind of camera and a different kind of company although if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t have chosen Leica. There are simply too many issues with the company that make me feel uncomfortable. Unlike other specialty companies such as Apple, Leica doesn't seem all that centric on any particular development plan. Sure, they’re a small company but I’m beginning to think they have no more than 100-employees. Now, I realize I’ll invoke some pretty nasty responses but that’s just the way I feel at this point. Still, I’ll likely opt for the current update since they have retracted from wanting our money up front, or at least that’s how I read their current communication.
Regards,

jonoslack

After reading the change to the upgrade program I’m left somewhat bewildered. I knew when I purchased my M8 in November; it was a different kind of camera and a different kind of company although if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t have chosen Leica. There are simply too many issues with the company that make me feel uncomfortable. Unlike other specialty companies such as Apple, Leica doesn't seem all that centric on any particular development plan. Sure, they’re a small company but I’m beginning to think they have no more than 100-employees. Now, I realize I’ll invoke some pretty nasty responses but that’s just the way I feel at this point. Still, I’ll likely opt for the current update since they have retracted from wanting our money up front, or at least that’s how I read their current communication.
Regards,
Hi Daniel
Remember - before the M8 18 months ago Leica had been in the doldrums for many years - you might like to compare them to Apple ten years ago.
Now they do at least have something to sell, and people who want to buy.

I think that this looks like a good deal for us all, and I think that the current concept of upgrading the M8 is excellent . . . :clap:

Maggie O

The M8 is Leica's Bondi Blue iMac: far from perfect, but so much better than the doldrums that came before.

Also, Leica has the most badass cameras on the entire planet! There. I said it.

D

Digital Dude

LOL - I was searching for the words . . . you have a better memory than me - of course, I was only 10 then :ROTFL:

Absolutely:clap:
I hear ya but unfortunately I purchased one of the very first Mac’s (sub-1000) and these days’ I’m proud to be a pioneer. Who knows, maybe I’ll live long enough to be considered a sophomore in Leica.
Regards,:shocked: