The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

21-Elmarit - New Dilemma

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great combination. I did take photos of all the 75mm's in the M forum on my test of the 3 75mm's . Let me see if I can find it. On my 90 summarit I just bought a metal hoofd and screwed it on and left it alone no caps. Which you can do also with the 75 summarit and even leica sells a hood with a cap to go with it . Pretty cool idea from leica.

mauribix

Faster than Light... i think i'm gonna give some work to my Leica dealer tomorrow... I could be lucky enough to find both Summarit and Summicron 75.. just to know how "I feel " with 'em...Here in Italy we say, it's a matter of skin!

mauribix

Better bring your shorts and a cooler pack for you neck. I'm not joking could be as high as 120 degrees at the bottom. This is not the place you really want to be in July . It's hot here.:ROTFL:
I'll be there in August... should i bring my coat with me instead?:toocool:

etrigan63

Better bring your shorts and a cooler pack for you neck. I'm not joking could be as high as 120 degrees at the bottom. This is not the place you really want to be in July . It's hot here.:ROTFL:
Hot here in Florida too, only moist. There you get baked, here you get steamed. PoTAYto - PoTAHto

Having said that, I have a vast collection of shorts. And a wide brim hat.

mauribix

But there is no shame in owning a CV12mm. I love this little gem
Hello Guy, finally how do you use your CV12?
coded (as what?) + UV/IR

or

uncoded and without UV/IR

or
uncoded +UV/IR (and maybe cornerfix?)?

I can't seem to find my right way.
I did get the better results with the lens uncoded and without UV/IR, because i find the cornerfix correction's gonna change too much the blue channel, shifting it to a lighter-cyanish form...

I'm hung up!:shocked:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Maurizio,
I don't filter or code the CV 12 at all. When "the purple ir fabric" hits, I just serlectively de-saturate the color.
-bob

woodyspedden

same for me . No code or filter. I will switch to Zeiss if i need IR filter
Just got my mint 12 from Kurt Kamka today and I can't wait to use it. Love the 15 so now will try the 12 as well. Thought I had gotten rid of GAS but I only change out stuff. Net is probably up! LOL Is there a particular reason you don't code it and use the IR filters? The Milich adapter works the same on the 12 as it did on the 15. Just curious. Guy I have seen many of your 12 images and it doesn't appear to need the coding. Perhaps the best thing would be to use Jamie's profiles in C1 when you do get a magenta banana!

Woody

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Woody,
I don't bother using filters because the in-camera correction for cyan corners is not enough and I don't use cornerfix. So since I don't filter, and I don't find the lens vignetting objectionable, I don't bother coding either.
-bob

woodyspedden

Woody,
I don't bother using filters because the in-camera correction for cyan corners is not enough and I don't use cornerfix. So since I don't filter, and I don't find the lens vignetting objectionable, I don't bother coding either.
-bob
Thanks Bob

gogopix

Subscriber
well, here are two more.
these are the VVG mod to Jamie's profiles. MORE than enough opportunity for magenta

now you see why I just don't use the filters

BTW, the adjustment for the Tux kept the tie and c-bund the right red!

Victor

Last edited:

PeterA

Victor - only in teh US will you ever see peopel wearing ORANGE pants..hahahahahwhat style!!

gogopix

Subscriber
Victor - only in teh US will you ever see peopel wearing ORANGE pants..hahahahahwhat style!!
1. Salzburg!
2. McLean, Va (Chez nous)

(pants left over from a "Magic Flute" production, likely!) :D

PS: With filter, the pants are cyan:toocool: