The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S2 23 thousand for the body only

dhsimmonds

So we have seen the price announcements on both sides of the "pond" now but has anyone actually seen the full S2 specification?

We know it's a 37.5 Mpx sensor and a few other things but what is the pixel size and number of bits per colour? Everyone is assuming that it will be a 16 bit camera but as it is an integrated camera, that would make it a rare beast.

Original Leica blurb tried to palm the original M8 off as a 16 bit camera, but it isn't.

We also need to know other things like battery performance. I have had very bad experiences with Leica chargers so for the price that they are charging (£258 in the UK)they had better be more reliable than the DMR charger as I thought that was expensive at £92! It was in theory a great design, doubling up as a car charger as well...........but pro's need reliability.

I do wish Leica well as I respect their image and history but only time will tell on this one. It is a very brave (or foolhardy) move at a very difficult time.