The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Picacho Peak,Picacho Arizona

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This is a known spot for wild flower blooms and i am in Tucson right now which I passed this on the way down from Phoenix. I was there kind of late around 10 am. This is a earlier morning place because the tourist overrun the place but anyway give this a couple weeks or so and the whole Mountain is on fire with wildflower blooms. I'm several weeks early but stila couple decent shots . All with the M8 and the CV 12mm and no filters

jonoslack

Very Nice Guy.
But I'm sticking to my guns here - it took a long time to persuade me, but no filter = nasty greens, especially in the springtime when they blast out loads of IR.

Terry

Well, I think will be out there March 21, 22, 23 :D

I just looked at making reservations and it wasn't as bad as I thought considering that is Easter weekend.

Guy, keep it cool for the next couple of weeks so the blooms hold off until I arrive. :salute:

From last spring in AZ (this year I want wide angle landscapes) All small sensor camera shots - Digilux 2 was dead and I hadn't yet started down the M8 path:

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Beautiful shots, Guy. It is just killing me that I couldn't be there to see all of those blooms.:mad: When I left there were buds everywhere!
Nothing like the Arizona sky to point out dust bunnies.:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
That reminds me to order sensor swabs. :ROTFL:

Thanks Cindy , it is going to be glorious when they bloom