The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 4.8.2 Not Approximating M8 Aperture Value

John Black

Not quite sure when this happened, but somewhere around version 4.8, C1 stopped populating the M8 aperture value. I'm shooting with coded lenses. Is C1 broke or is something on the M8 causing this data not to be captured? I know the approximate value wasn't always right, but it was better than nothing...

Gary P

Having the same issue. It is a bummer, why would they discontinue this feature. I gotta think it's a programming error.

Gary

jaapv

Subscriber Member
It is not really a problem. Any exif reader will give you the value. It is not something you need for RAW converrsion anyway.

D

ddk

Might be C1's new policy of not wanting to support Leica at all, as they're not with the S2, hopefully its just a bug.

John Black

It is not really a problem. Any exif reader will give you the value. It is not something you need for RAW converrsion anyway.
Null is null, the field is empty. For cataloging sorting images in databases the EXIF info is important.

Peter Klein

Thank you, perhaps I'll stick with 4.8.1 for now. The number is usually within about 1/2 stop of the correct value in non-tricky lighting. I like having the information. Not vital, but nice.

Note that in an earlier version of C1, the estimated f-stop data was in the EXIF, but not displayed in C1 itself. I don't remember what version, as I skipped a couple. So if it's not even in the EXIF in 4.8.2, they've taken something away. Or somebody forgot to copy a line of code.