The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how clean do you keep your M8 sensor?

ampguy

I have the Rocket Blower, and the E2 and proper paddle and swabs, but after RD1 and DSLR experiences, where cleaning is just constant (with a lot of lens changes), I'm actually going to leave tiny dust specs seen shooting the sky at f16, and only clean if I can see them at large 100%+ crops down to f5.6/f8.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Pretty much spotless. If I start seeing crud on my images then I'll initially go for a dry clean with the visible dust arctic butterfly and if that's no good it's wet clean time. That said I'm not paranoid about it unless the debris is in a place like the top of the sensor where it appears in every shot with sky.

ampguy

The SD800 is $109 on the visibledust site, unless I am missing something.

But I'm happy with the rocket blower, no contact with the sensor, and if I were to get stuff that the rocket blower didn't get, I'd use the approved E2 solution with proper swabs. But Thanks.

Ampguy,

We offer Visisble Dust's Arctic Butterfly. We have the 724 for $112.95 and the SD800 Pro for $179.95. They are a bit pricey, but work great! Take a look at our web site to show you how they work : http://www.captureintegration.com/solutions/canon/

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Clawery

The SD800 is $109 on the visibledust site, unless I am missing something.

But I'm happy with the rocket blower, no contact with the sensor, and if I were to get stuff that the rocket blower didn't get, I'd use the approved E2 solution with proper swabs. But Thanks.
Sometimes different vendors price their products differently, buying directly from the manufacturer tends to be a bit cheaper. I can sell the SD800 for $125.00 plus shipping and the 724 for $90.00 plus shipping.

Thank you,

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

gero

and even those 20 can clean very easy so my conclusion is to clean it once in a while and then just clean the pictures that have a problem in the end.

no stress here