The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some shots with the 21 and 24 Lux...

stevem8

This pair of AMAZING lenses arrived to me today from Leica. First impressions? WOW. Full review up in 7-10 days. These are mostly high ISO but look at that last one at 160 - 3D extreme!

I will have shots from 1.4 to F11, low light, full light, details, crops, street shooting, etc - I wish I had a spare $12k...

ISO 1250 - 24 at 1.4

21 1.4

24 1.4 - ISO 1250

24 1.4

21 1.4

Lloyd

Beautiful stuff, Steve. I love the look you get with these lenses. BTW that shot of your son taken with the 24 is killer!

Lloyd

Looking forward the results and your assessment. (Glad it's not me, I can't afford the temptation.:))

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Steve,

Can you do me a favor and look and see if you get a color shift on the edges of the 21lux when you shoot wide open in daylight. It's happening for me on the lens I'm trying out and I'm not certain if it might be a reflection off of the filter onto the lens or something else.

Kurt

gero

Steve, I can't wait for the review and to see LOTS of pictures from you. Please take also as much film shots as possible.

I agree with Loyd, your processing is grate.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Arggghhh!!! This is not helping me with my quest to avoid buying a 24/1.4 at a time when a FF M9 might arrive soon. :deadhorse:

woodyspedden

This pair of AMAZING lenses arrived to me today from Leica. First impressions? WOW. Full review up in 7-10 days. These are mostly high ISO but look at that last one at 160 - 3D extreme!

I will have shots from 1.4 to F11, low light, full light, details, crops, street shooting, etc - I wish I had a spare $12k...

ISO 1250 - 24 at 1.4

21 1.4

24 1.4 - ISO 1250

24 1.4

21 1.4

I love these shots Steve

However it is difficult to judge the lenses because of the (I assume added) vignetting.

So I will just stick to saying I love the work. Very moody, arty etc

Woody

stevem8

Thanks woody. My reviews will have plenty of out of camera files to check out w/no PP. These were just the first shots I took with them and wanted to do my usual PP work on them. Should be up in about a week.

Riccis

Dude, have you asked Christian or Justin to let you keep them for an extra few weeks so that you can review them alongside the M9? :D:D:D:D:D

Paratom

great- I am also awaiting the review.
whats your opinion about the 24 vs 21 focal length on ff and about those 2 lenses on full frame overall?

retow

Steve, hope your test will also cover how the 24mm lux feels and handles (size, weight) as compared to the Elmarit.
24+50 lux asph could be a dream combo, but not even selling 24 Elmarit + Cron 28 would free up the funds to purchase the 24 lux.

Leica 77

24 1.4

Hello stevem8,
Indeed, these are AMAZING images. This is my favorite image. Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

JPlomley

I'd be curious to see an evaluation of focus shift and as well full frame performance on a film M. A direct comparison of the Luxes to the equivalent Elmarit Asph FL's would also be of tremendous benefit. Nice work once again Steve.

Steve,

Can you do me a favor and look and see if you get a color shift on the edges of the 21lux when you shoot wide open in daylight. It's happening for me on the lens I'm trying out and I'm not certain if it might be a reflection off of the filter onto the lens or something else.

Kurt
Kurt,
I have the 21 on the M8.2 and I have color shifts too. Red mostly, in the upper corners in the sky. I'd like to hear if you figure this out. Leica said I'd have to send in both camera and lens for them to test so I haven't done that yet, but I guess it's not just me.
Thanks!