The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica's New Lens ?

Scargos2

With a new M9 full frame camera coming out later this year or next. I believe than Leica was preparing their lens line this year for the new camera.
With the 50 Noctilux and the Summarit 75 2.5 and the 50 2.5 introductions.
With the new camera I believe a couple new lens will also be introduced.
A 28 2.5 and a 24 2.5 Summarit would seem to fit, in their thinking.

Now what are your thoughts on some new lens that would be coming out.

I could use a 28 2.5, as I love my 75 2.5 Summarit, very sharp and small in size. Takes great pictures also IMHO.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The bottom line to CCD is you can only go so high with ISO and in that case to gain speed you make fast glass. Reminds you of the film days.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
What Kurt said -- my top thoughts are a 28 Summilux and a 35 Noctilux. And they'll be low production and sell every one they produce.

John Black

Yes, yes, yes! I hope everybody gets totally infatuated with a 28 Lux and decides to sell their 28/2 ASPH for pennies. Note to self, start 28 Lux rumors :)

Kurt, would that be a 35mm F1.2 ASPH Debtalux-M? If the new 50 Nocti is $9k or whatever, how much would a 35/1.2 be?!?! Eeeeek!

fotografz

What Kurt said -- my top thoughts are a 28 Summilux and a 35 Noctilux. And they'll be low production and sell every one they produce.
Now, a 35 Nocti would get my attention ... unfortunately the price would get my wife's attention (the horse is me here> :deadhorse:

Guy Mancuso

There not selling, the high end lenses are. The Summarits are a great idea but too slow. There very good though tested all of them but people are just not buying them.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
It's interesting, when you think about the Summarit line and all of the recent complaints about Leica pricing. There is and always will be a healthy market for high-performance optics ... the sales of luxes versus summarits validate that. It'll be fun to see if those looking for the best glass in medium format and high-end DSLRs will be swayed by the S2 ... regardless of the price of entry. It's an interesting, high stakes gamble.

Paratom

35/1.4 asph without focus shift would be fine for me.
28/1.4 sounds nice as well.
If they can do 24 and 21 lux they should be able to do a 28lux.
however I am still suspicous how much speed we need in wide angle lenses.

Paratom

There not selling, the high end lenses are. The Summarits are a great idea but too slow. There very good though tested all of them but people are just not buying them.
I dont know why. Own both Summarit 75 and 75 lux and use the SUmmarit much more often. No focus shift, lighter, and short focud throw which means fast focusing. The solid metal hood works fone for me too. No need for a lens cap any more (which would be needed when having a sliding hood for protective reasons)
The optical quality of the 75 Summarit has been much better than I had expected. Havent seen any shortcomings so far.

Guy Mancuso

Guy, were did you find this infomation ?
Actually Leica last year but now people are chomping at the 21 and 24 Lux. The 75 and 90 Summarits my bet are doing okay and I tested them awhile back and they are really good compared to their cousins but the 50 and 35 made no sense to me at least.

With the M8 with really a effective ISO 640 many folks went fast . Now maybe the M9 will be much better at the higher ISO

R

Ranger 9

As long as you guys are speculating up lenses for your speculative M9s, which neckstrap do you think I should get for the D-Lux 7 that I'll be buying in August 2012?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
As long as you guys are speculating up lenses for your speculative M9s, which neckstrap do you think I should get for the D-Lux 7 that I'll be buying in August 2012?
Depending on your budget or the confluct you are shooting, either the desert camo or the Colombian lizard skin.
-bob