The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Utube video about 090909

Terry

Aaah that looks like an "I'm mentally prepared for Crete avatar"!

I just got that in the mail as well....also in German

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bob translated

Leica's CEO Rudi Spiller has just via Youtube and Vimeo new product introductions on 9 September 2009 announced! Original sound from the video:

On 9 September Leica will introduce a series of groundbreaking new products - designed and manufactured for all photographers, beginners and professionals.

»Video announcement on Youtube
»Video Announcement on Vimeo

Live performances via video feed

Leica offers an online video transmission of the event, who wants to follow him live, must register in advance with email address:

"To register for the video transmission

Deadline is 15 clock in Germany, in other time zones:

9:00 Clock New York City
14:00 London Clock
Clock 17:00 Moscow
21:00 Beijing Clock
22:00 Clock Tokyo
Live coverage

I will do my best to spot, report live and in color - small updates in between I will publish via Twitter:

"Leica Forum @ Twitter

And once I have more information than hard facts and pictures, I set up a separate area in the forum to make them accessible to all!
I think you posted ...

A few more good days excitement wishes
Andreas

Link to video
Unfortunately (for me) it's in German!
Can anyone tell us what it says?
Not much, really...

It´s just the usual blurb about the skilled, dedicated designers and workers diligently producing tools for discerning & accomplished photographers....

It does, however, state that there will indeed be several new and important products revealed on /9/9/09, so now we got it from the horse´s mouth...

But no new details, and no glimpses (I assume that the dSLR shown is indeed the S2; I´m none too familiar with its looks...).

stephengilbert

I don't speak German, but it appears to me that the new products will be a line of those tiny rectangular Euro-eyeglasses. If you think about it, there's really no need for eyeglass lenses bigger than a viewfinder.

stephengilbert

Terrry,

You don't understand: Guy is too high-tech for typing, and his text generating software has a random there/their/they're function.

Steve

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Groundbreaking...
A line of jackhammers?
I would be happy to see Leica dust-off their image and do some new stuff, but I have put my wallet in the safe deposit box and mailed the key to my mother.
-bob

Terry

Yes,
On the German announcement I got it says you need to register in advance....but I don't know how.

jonoslack

Groundbreaking...
A line of jackhammers?
I would be happy to see Leica dust-off their image and do some new stuff, but I have put my wallet in the safe deposit box and mailed the key to my mother.
-bob
:ROTFL:

Bob - you might as well ask for it back, otherwise you'll be busted for trying to break in to her house at around 9.30 on the 9th