The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Utube video about 090909

nostatic

I am registered and really keen on that new cameras ( more than one :) )
presented on 09/09/09.
M9
m43 in Leica dress with ff sensor
m43 with 43 sensor and EVF/OVF

:)
I am betting the "GF1" with Leica badge (u4/3, interchangeable lenses, removable EVF) along with 2 Leica u4/3 lenses.

N

nei1

The black M8-2 has a signature on it which sugests a-la-carte or is that someone famous?

nostatic

I am betting the "GF1" with Leica badge (u4/3, interchangeable lenses, removable EVF) along with 2 Leica u4/3 lenses.
And I'm also betting $1999 price for the kit (with the Panasonic version being $1299).

No steak is implied or expressed.

mtomalty

It's two bad you won't be able to make it their, Guy because
there sure too have many new products to handle and use
they're.

:>)

Mark

mtomalty

Like 'Bender' i'm also surprised that it seems that Leica is going to be in a position
to launch an M9 and an S2 concurrently.

I'm almost left with the impression that Leica might have anticipated a , somewhat,
lukewarm reception to the S2 when it hits the streets in October and have initiated a
plan to generate a significant buzz around the brand.

Cruisin' around the web looking at sites/forums that focus a little more on product
for the medium format user it seems clear,to me, that there is very little momentum for the S2 regardless of its potential.

Mark
www.marktomalty.com

nostatic

Like 'Bender' i'm also surprised that it seems that Leica is going to be in a position

I'm almost left with the impression that Leica might have anticipated a , somewhat,
lukewarm reception to the S2 when it hits the streets in October and have initiated a

Cruisin' around the web looking at sites/forums that focus a little more on product
for the medium format user it seems clear,to me, that there is very little momentum for the S2 regardless of its potential.

Mark
www.marktomalty.com
They specifically mention "novice" which isn't S2 or M8/M9. Gotta be Panaleica - it is the only way they could actually have something built and close to shipping.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nothing to do with the announcement on the 9th. But I will get some toys to play with hopefully soon

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
My bet is that Guy will be messin' around with an S2 sooner than later ... at least to give it a test spin.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Mark
www.marktomalty.com
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think that bunching all of the announcements together is a great idea. It demonstrates that Leica is fully back in the game. I also feel that there is a good amount of interest in the S2 ... momentum that will probably start to gather once images are released. Remember the market for a potential M9 versus an S2 is what 20-1 or ?

jlm

Workshop Member
the LCD panel is slightly moved to the left. On my M8, the rs of the LCD lines up with the "N" of "made iN germany"

atanabe

A little more wood to add to the fire. Look closely at the shots of the M? LCD screen notice the "Lens Detection" - "Auto" not On, Off, On+UV/IR. "Advance" is under "Save User Profile" - new software? The shutter speed dial goes to 1/4000th but no "8.2" inscription on the hot shoe. Then as the camera is panned from the LCD screen to the top left, a new cut out on the left top corner ala rewind crank area where the small battery/frame counter was on the flat top.

So more than just speculation? Something is real?

Al