The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: Profoto D4 and heads

bradhusick

I am toying with the decision to sell my perfect Profoto D4 Digital 1200 Watt/Second Power Pack and three heads, plus Chimera softboxes and speedrings, travel case, etc. I have about 100 flash activations total on the system. No marks or flaws whatsoever.

If this is of interest to someone who could use it more than me and is willing to give me a fair price, please contact me.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Brad, you tempt me.
I shouldn't ask but is this the air version?
Does the price need to be that fair LOL?
thanks
-bob

dseelig

Want some balcar stuff for it??? Oh well it never hurts to ask a question unless the person is bigger then you and stupid.

bradhusick

This isn't the air version. It does have a USB connector and a Mac/PC client that controls the entire power pack. I will look it all over tomorrow and get some ballpark numbers in mind.
-Brad

fotografz

What Chimera Softboxes do you have? I presume they're with Profoto speed rings. I may be interested in those.

Not interested in the D4/1200 since I already have two D4/2400 Boxes. Truly great lighting gear.

I presume the 1200 you have has the built in Pocket Wizard receiver.

-Marc

bradhusick

Okay, I actually have the D4 2400 WS unit - see how I don't use it?

Here's the full list. All of this is just like new, used just a few times at home.

Profoto D4 2400 WS Power Pack with Pocket Wizard receiver built-in
Three (3) Profoto Acute-2 Fan cooled heads w/250W modeling lamps and 1 spare flashtube
Chimera Super Pro Plus White Medium softbox
Chimera Super Pro Plus White Small softbox
Two (2) Chimera Profoto speedrings
Profoto 34" white umbrella
Profoto Snoot
Profoto Grid and Filter Holder Kit
Three (3) Profoto 10 foot light stands
Lastolite background support system with Tenba tri-pack case
Sekonic L-608 digital flash meter with built-in Pocket Wizard transmitter
Pocket Wizard Multimax transceiver
Pocket Wizard Plus receiver
Tenba Head-4 Air Case with wheels (front leg on case needs repair if you care)

This kit is well over $12,000 new.
The power pack is $7500 at B&H. Considering offers for the whole kit over $8800 plus actual shipping cost.

Last edited:
H

highlandimage

Brad, you tempt me.
I shouldn't ask but is this the air version?
Does the price need to be that fair LOL?
thanks
-bob
Hi, Bob, it seems you are very interest with Profoto D4 with Air version. Here I got news from local dealer that, Profoto D4 without air can be upgraded by adding a air chip into old D4. and it will cost around 500-600 Euro.