The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hensel Porty ... Finally!!!

fotografz

Hensel of Germany is now showing the new Hensel Porty L600 and L1200 on the company's website, and Hensel USA is also.

New cosmetic design, beefier and more rugged looking. Now radio compatible with Profoto AIR, Hensel Strobe Wizard, and the FREEMASK system (that I've never heard of).

Any of our forum company reps here handle Hensel? I'm ready to buy!

PM me.

-Marc

rem

Marc, do you received the Hensel Porty? I'm also to ready to jump. I have old Elinchrom Style Heads. Now I will the radio remote and the Hensel seems to be very good. I'm not sure about the new Hensel D 500/D 1000 with a (maybe) Profoto Batterypack or the Porty with the bigger heads. You can use them in studio with 650w modeling light (and the power adapter), but have no modeling light outside, what I think its not so bad...
Whats your reason to go for the Porty? You have the Quadra. Needing more power?
lg, rem

fotografz

Marc, do you received the Hensel Porty? I'm also to ready to jump. I have old Elinchrom Style Heads. Now I will the radio remote and the Hensel seems to be very good. I'm not sure about the new Hensel D 500/D 1000 with a (maybe) Profoto Batterypack or the Porty with the bigger heads. You can use them in studio with 650w modeling light (and the power adapter), but have no modeling light outside, what I think its not so bad...
Whats your reason to go for the Porty? You have the Quadra. Needing more power?
lg, rem
I haven't gone for the Hensel ... yet. Lots of cash outlay for camera stuff recently, so it'll have to wait. I'd eventually like to get the 1200L. I already have Mini heads but they are not P type, so I'd have to also get the proper power cords to use my mini heads on the Porty L.

I have two Quadra packs that do pretty well, but both only add up to 800 w/s ... 1200 w/s works much better when over-powering the sun, or bouncing off walls to light a large room, etc.

The ideal would be the Hensel Porty1200L with two Mini P Speed heads. To much $$$$$$$$ for right now.

No one seems to stock these ... it's a 7 to 10 week order and they take your money when you order. :wtf:

-Marc

kdphotography

I've got the same lighting kit in mind: Porty L1200 with two mini P Speed Heads. Already spent too much this year though and need to save up some money now. Waiting for your assessment first Marc. :)

fotografz

I've got the same lighting kit in mind: Porty L1200 with two mini P Speed Heads. Already spent too much this year though and need to save up some money now. Waiting for your assessment first Marc. :)
Yeah, it's a bundle of cash for sure ... plus I'd add the Profoto Air remote made for the Porty L (at least that's how it's labeled on B&H). The addition of the AIR remote is excellent because the Hensel Strobe Wizard distance is no where near that of the AIR, trust me on that, I've had happen to me during an industrial shoot.

-Marc

rem

I will ask tomorrow about the 7weeks... I had one last week. But I will use it also in the studio and maybe thats to expensive after the holy Hassygear in the last month... But I will!!!;-)
You should try once the Freemask. Its pretty cool!

But what you think: the modeling light outside (50w) is not very useful, or?
rem

fotografz

I will ask tomorrow about the 7weeks... I had one last week. But I will use it also in the studio and maybe thats to expensive after the holy Hassygear in the last month... But I will!!!;-)
You should try once the Freemask. Its pretty cool!

But what you think: the modeling light outside (50w) is not very useful, or?
rem
The 50 watt modeling lights will probably be useless in bright sun, and semi-useless in the studio unless in really dark conditions ... however, The EH Pro Mini Speed head comes with a 300 watt modeling light and by using a specific Mini to Porty cord, can be used on the Porty ... where it suspends any modeling light at all.

What is not clear, is if you are using the Porty in studio and not using the battery for power, do the Pro Minis then allow use of the 300 watt modeling light for at least studio work?

I already have a complete Pro Mini 1200 kit with 4 EH Pro Mini heads ... so I was thinking of getting the Porty 1200L kit with one Speed head and a 23 foot Pro Mini to Porty cord, and forego having to buy a second $850. Speed head for now.

You really have to spend time studying the information about Hensel.

How does the Free Mask remote work ... how is different from the AIR or Hensel Strobe Wizard ... I've never heard of it.

-Marc

rem

Good Morning Marc! Sorry I was 4 weeks on holidays. Did you find out more about the Free Mask? On the German Site from Hensel they have a Video. You have to make two pictures very fast one after the other (Serial Modus). For the first picture the Flash lightning the Subject, for the second pic is only the background in the light. Then you have to fix this in Photoshop. Here is the Links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrWFOLzy4sI
http://www.hensel.eu/de/infos/downloads.html

I order my system today. I post my decision in the "So many portable choices";-)

Greetings from Switzerland,
rem