The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

elinchrom quadra with softbox

dseelig

I have been using the elinchrom quadra with an extra small chimera softbox. I jst shot a quick test with the elinachrom quadra portalite made for the quadra . It gave me a about 3/4 of a stop more light and was just a touch harder does this make sense. The portalite is much more shallow and the difference is so slight in terms of quality the porta is defitnily a bit harsher. But is smaller and easier to deal with it is about 4 inches less wide and the same height.

atanabe

The Elinchrom boxes have a shiny crinkled foil lining that sharpens the light. You can also add an additional internal diffuser to soften the light.

K

Kemzo

I have been using the elinchrom quadra with an extra small chimera softbox. I jst shot a quick test with the elinachrom quadra portalite made for the quadra . It gave me a about 3/4 of a stop more light and was just a touch harder does this make sense. The portalite is much more shallow and the difference is so slight in terms of quality the porta is defitnily a bit harsher. But is smaller and easier to deal with it is about 4 inches less wide and the same height.
You can add the white, translucent, or silver deflector inside and that'll make the light more softer and pleasing. I tried the deflector before, and it reduces the light output so drastically that I had to remove it. Try it, you have them.