The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elinchrom Mount

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looking for a beauty dish that will fit my Elinchrom mount but also take a grid, which the Elinchroms do not. What other lighting system are compatible with Elinchroms mount.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
Take a look at Elinchrom's 44cm square reflector. It comes with a grid.
Their large beauty dish (27" or 70cm) looks like it has a lip that might hold a grid if you can find one just a bit smaller
-bob

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Cool,
There is also the Mola option. They are a lot more directional nd there are elinchrom speed rings available.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Really liking that Mola Demi. I guess we could always tape a 22 inch Profoto grid in or it actually may fit

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The Mola Setti might end up acting a lot like a grid with its harder edges.
-bob

LJL

The Mola dishes put out some very nice looking light. Each one is different (Demi, Setti and Euro), ranging from softer to harder edges (no order in my listing). They do not have a lip for a grid, as you would like, but you may be able to fashion some sort of edge clamp to hold a grid in place. Having the Elinchrom mount is another nice option also.

I keep looking at them for my DynaLites. Still a bit pricey compared to others like Speedotron or even Hensel, but the light coming out is different and quite pleasing, I think.

LJ