The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lighting for Sketch / Youtube Videos

B

Brendon Reimer

I'm wanting to buy some affordable lights and am wanting to go for a look similar to Julian smith videos.
JULIAN SMITH - Malk - YouTube

I have some experience with lighting at my job, but we do mostly one angle stationary shoots. I'm wondering what would be a good combination of lighting for a sketch video where there is a bit more movement. The cheaper the better, and I'm not really wanting to break the $1000 dollar line.

I've had my eye on these lights so far.
Smith-Victor KSB-1000 2-Light 1,000 Watt Economy SoftBox 408086

Lowel DP One-Light Kit D2-102 B&H Photo Video

Interfit Stellar X Solarlite Softbox Kit (120-240VAC) INT199U

At my work we use arri lights, which are really good but expensive, so theyre out of my price range, as well as the kino-flos we use.
I've heard good things about lowel's which seem a bit more affordable. But than again I haven't seen or used nearly that many brands, so I don't really know how much it makes a difference which brand you have.