The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Profoto Pro8a vs ProB4

gazwas

I saw your just jumped ship to Bron camp, what's your current gear lineup?
Haha now we have discussion going on both website!
Yes, think most people jump between LL and getdpi. :)

Now fully bron with Move and Scoro packs. Cost me a lot to switch from Profoto and ultimately lost money in the process but have no regrets making the switch as the bron gear is just out of this world good. Might add a couple of Siros mono's to the gear list as they intergrate so well with the other gear as they share the exact same technology which I don't think any other manufacturer does, usually drawing very distinct lines between different ranges/price points. Got to love bron for being brave enough to do that IMO.

FelixWu

Yes, think most people jump between LL and getdpi. :)

Now fully bron with Move and Scoro packs. Cost me a lot to switch from Profoto and ultimately lost money in the process but have no regrets making the switch as the bron gear is just out of this world good. Might add a couple of Siros mono's to the gear list as they intergrate so well with the other gear as they share the exact same technology which I don't think any other manufacturer does, usually drawing very distinct lines between different ranges/price points. Got to love bron for being brave enough to do that IMO.
Do you miss the Profoto zoomable adaptor ring? Feels like good a few modifiers for one price. I really don't like the Bron adaptor, always feel like I might break the glass dome. lol

If you dislike the b1 weight what do you feel about Siros mono? They are even a bit heavier. Wifi is great though. And it has no recessed light!

gazwas

Do you miss the Profoto zoomable adaptor ring? Feels like good a few modifiers for one price. I really don't like the Bron adaptor, always feel like I might break the glass dome. lol

If you dislike the b1 weight what do you feel about Siros mono? They are even a bit heavier. Wifi is great though. And it has no recessed light!
The Pulso heads are zoomable so haven't really missed the Profoto at all and the zoom range on the B heads was very small anyway. The Profoto adapted sure is a work of genius but the bayonet on the bron just works and I've never had any issues with mounting or breaking Pyrex domes. The speedrings for bron sure are a hell of a lot cheaper and it's not as if you change modifiers ever few minutes so never considered it a negative point really.

The Siros is not a battery light for location which was my problem with the B1. I was using the AcuteB2 packs when I decided to get the B1 but wished I'd gone for more Acutes. In the end I needed more power and wanted two lamp outputs so started looking at B3's which was just too basic for the money and then B4's but hated the bulk. Bron Move's just ticked all the boxes and added some unique features like the LED modelling which just made the switch even easier.

FelixWu

The Pulso heads are zoomable so haven't really missed the Profoto at all and the zoom range on the B heads was very small anyway. The Profoto adapted sure is a work of genius but the bayonet on the bron just works and I've never had any issues with mounting or breaking Pyrex domes. The speedrings for bron sure are a hell of a lot cheaper and it's not as if you change modifiers ever few minutes so never considered it a negative point really.

The Siros is not a battery light for location which was my problem with the B1. I was using the AcuteB2 packs when I decided to get the B1 but wished I'd gone for more Acutes. In the end I needed more power and wanted two lamp outputs so started looking at B3's which was just too basic for the money and then B4's but hated the bulk. Bron Move's just ticked all the boxes and added some unique features like the LED modelling which just made the switch even easier.
Thanks. I just ordered the B4 and a proBplus head for studio/outdoor use. Yeah its heavy and big but it should be more durable too. For location work I find the Move not as convenient and as lightweight as the chordless B1s anyway. Will use B4 whenever I needed 1-2 extra lights on set.

One other thing I did was I compared the built quality between Bron and Pro and I really prefer how the Profoto packs/monos are designed and appreciate its quality. I noticed even on Siros some paint finishes aren't even in straight lines and they just don't feel as robust.