The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lighting 1 Talent for 2 Camera Interview

D

DyeMegan

Hello!
In the relatively near future I will be shooting some interviews that will later be chroma keyed out. The client would like a 2 camera set up; 1 camera facing the standard front of the talent and the other at a nearly profile angle to the talent.

What would you recommend in ways of lighting to interfere the least between shots? As we are renting lights and the talent will only be available at X times I don't have much room to play around with the lights and camera angles to figure out what works. And unfortunately I'm a real novice at this.

Here is a very quick diagram of what I was thinking may work for lighting. Could I maybe get a critique on it and where you see potential problems coming up?

johnnygoesdigital

Looks good... perhaps add a small rim/hair light in the corner. The use of a little spill from the back light/rim, combined with a gobo or duvatine will add some character. The content of the interview could certainly dictate how much "character " to add.