The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Attach Hensel Beauty Dishes to Elinchrom RQ Hybrid S Flash Head

evgeny

Hi,

How to attach Hensel Beauty Dishes (Mfr# 8609 and Mfr# 8610) to Elinchrom RQ Hybrid S Flash Head (Mfr# EL 20139) ?

Thanks
Evgeny

Giorgio

If an adapter mount does not exist, find a mechanical engineer type of person or an automotive repair shop, or a fabricator and take the problem to them.

It will cost you a few bucks but you will get the mount, consider making two!

eekimel

You'd need some sort of adapter and bracket (similar to the approach Mola has taken, or the newer Lastolite Ezybox II).

From personal experience, the Quadra head could not support the 21 inch Lastolite softbox with the disc Lastolite Quadra adapter. It does work well with a 12-inch beauty dish.

I can't see it supporting a 22-inche beauty dish.

Lastolite redid its Ezybox II line and that makes sense for the Quadra (no stress on the Quadra head at all). I bought a Mola bracket (again no stress on the head).

You could take a Quadra RQ adapter and have a Hensel mount fitted on that but I don't know what it'd cost.

evgeny

I cannot find an easy solution to attach Hensel light modifiers to the Quadra.

I looked at another options.

I ordered a Profoto RFi Octa box 5' with Profoto adapter for small flashes, which should work with the Quadra head. I also ordered a matching Profoto RFi adapter for my Hensel strobes, so this 5' Octa will have a lot of usage.

Thanks
Evgeny