The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Profoto Speedring for Paul Buff SB

J

joemrk3

Hi everyone,

1st post. I am new to the forum. Does anyone know of speed ring that can mount a Paul c buff soft box to a profoto head?

aztwang

Profoto RFI series makes a speedring for PCB
Profoto# 100505

Revise..This is for Profoto soft box to mount to PCB heads

J

joemrk3

Profoto RFI series makes a speedring for PCB
Profoto# 100505

Thanks for the info. They available directly from profoto?

Will that work with the SB that has the ring already attached to the rods within the soft box?

fotografz

Contact PCB to see if they make a Profoto speed-ring for their soft-boxes ... which I seriously doubt.

If the PCB mount speed-ring has a removable spin-ring you may be able to adapt it to Profoto mount with something like this $50 Interfit speed-ring adapter for Profoto:

Interfit Speed Ring Adapter for Profoto ASA1013 B&H Photo Video

What PCB soft-box would warrant conversion for use on a Profoto head? There are so many other better choices for light modifiers to use on Profoto IMO.

-Marc

J

joemrk3

The spin ring might be a good option. I doubt PCB would make that type of speed ring. I hear you on the conversion. I was trying to save some money. I know I spent a good amount of money for the lights and why not get the better soft boxes. I will be doing that if this don't work I will be spending the money for the Profoto Soft boxes.

Thanks for the info!

johnnygoesdigital

I've been using some PCB Einsteins and modifiers on location recently. We had the choice of Profoto batteries, and lights, but chose the E640 and VML simply because of the amazing portability and quality of short duration flash. The SB's are an incredible deal, as are the grids for 7" reflectors! These are as good as Profoto grids and 1/10 of the price.