The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mini led lights?

V

Vivek

I may pick up the Manfrotto LED soon (available here). I will let you know how that goes.

(I will avoid the other one. Key is the high CRI.)

V

Vivek

Rafa, I have the Manfrotto Muse in hand. Will post more after a test spin. Initial impression is quite positive. :)

V

Vivek

Right off the bat, it lacks juice.. You may want to consider larger units.

The one switch operation is a PIA. It is the on/off switch as well as the dimmer with no indicators.

That said, the CRI is good, no flickers (EVF) =>high frequency driver circuit (an issue to consider with LED lights), with the diffuser, the light is of very high quality- no contrasty shadows and such. Generally a wonderful fill light.

The specular highlights show as soft discs(almost like a ring light). For close ups and macros, this is really nice.

Next month, I am going to do a wedding and depending on the venue, I could use this as a fill light. Will know more about after that.