The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arri vs Dedolight

C

carbonmetrictree

What do you guys use for continuous light sources? I've been using Arri's for awhile now and wouldn't mind trying the Dedolight 150w and 300w lights if they are suitable for interior work. I haven't had the time to rent them yet, so any information would help!

Thanks,

Andrew

Edit: (Sorry, this should be moved to the lighting section)
ok, -bob

Last edited by a moderator:

fotografz

What do you guys use for continuous light sources? I've been using Arri's for awhile now and wouldn't mind trying the Dedolight 150w and 300w lights if they are suitable for interior work. I haven't had the time to rent them yet, so any information would help!

Thanks,

Andrew

Edit: (Sorry, this should be moved to the lighting section)
ok, -bob
I don't have the Dedolights ($$$$) ... but have hired a photographer who did use them to shoot food ads for me. Fantastic lights with almost infinite possibilities as far as continuous lights are concerned. They run cool, so they seem to be a good choice for perishables.

C

carbonmetrictree

That's great news to hear about the heat reduction in the Dedo lamps. Did you notice a difference in the quality of light comparing it to a "normal" fresnel, such as an Arri?

Thank you,

Andrew

fotografz

Well to be truthful, I've not experienced the Arri lights ... at least not that I know of .... I've art directed like a thousand shoots, so I probably did, but never paid attention to the brand of continuous lighting except the Dedo's. I love the little Dedo generator boxes and all the endless light modifying accessories. This photographer I shoot with swears by them.