The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Jinbei HD-II 600 HSS flash/strobe how to trigger HSS

haring

Hey guys!

I am just wondering whether anybody is using Jinbei HSS flashes? I am wondering what trigger you use for hss? Do you also use the same trigger to increase/decrease flash output level?

I have seen variations where photographers use Younguo Yn-622 triggers to trigger HSS mode and use the native included Jinbei trigger to modify flash output. It means that I need to trigger in my hand/on my camera...

Any experience?

JMaher

I have a Adorama Rovelight which I think is the same flash. I use the Phottix Odin trigger and receiver for regular flash and high speed sync. You can also use the remote that comes with it to adjust flash output.

eekimel

Hey guys!

I am just wondering whether anybody is using Jinbei HSS flashes? I am wondering what trigger you use for hss? Do you also use the same trigger to increase/decrease flash output level?

I have seen variations where photographers use Younguo Yn-622 triggers to trigger HSS mode and use the native included Jinbei trigger to modify flash output. It means that I need to trigger in my hand/on my camera...

Any experience?
Just saw this. I have a Rovelight as well (extremely fragile proprietary trigger -- I'm on my second one). I've used a Pocketwizard TT1 and TT5 to trigger the strobe (yeah, that costs almost as much as the strobe). If you shoot Canon or Nikon, it's also possible to use a Godox Cells IIN or Cells IIC, piggyback the proprietary trigger onto the Cells II hot shoe, and go higher sync speed that way. Two Godox units (one plugged into the Strobe as a reeiver) also works.