The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking to Buy Diffusion Material With Minimal Light Loss

rollsman44

I want to make my own Diffusion for my speed lights. I want to get some diffusion but NOT get a 1 f stop loss. Any suggestions. Thanks

Egor

I want to make my own Diffusion for my speed lights. I want to get some diffusion but NOT get a 1 f stop loss. Any suggestions. Thanks
Kind of in the nature of diffusion to cut down on light transmission, so I am not sure what to recommend.
You could go with bead blasted or chemical etched 1/8in glass but that will still cost you a stop or two unless there is very little "diffusion" going on.
The only way to increase light transmission is to decrease diffusion ....orrrrr...increase the relative size of the light to the object like a soft box or para (which, of course, means you have reduced the light transmission again quite signifigantly...unles its a focusable para onto a thin light surface but thats getting pretty complicated and I am sure more than you wanted to deal with...)

I will be interested in what you find out! :)