The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stands and Misc Grip

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am finding the need for some extra hands to hold reflectors, flags, and whatnot.
There are a huge number of choices out there.
What are your favorites?
I am thinking Matthews or Avenger but which model and why?
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I am way dumb about current stands, etc. I have noticed several discussions about that kind of equipment on the "Strobist" forum. Might be a good resource.

OR, you could just hire a bunch of those lovely models you shoot to come in and hold stuff for you in the studio. Sort of an old fashioned take on voice recognition. "A little more to the left and higher please Monique."

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I see what you mean. Might be difficult to get any work done too. Still, it's a difficult image to shake once it's in your brain. Especially after that wonderful shot.

fotografz

C stands and magic arms.

Not as lovely as the other suggestions, but it keeps you out of divorce court or the dog house.