The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need a Digital back for my contax 645;-)

J

jesperskov

Hi All. I just bought a Contax 645 with a couple of lenses. Now i need a digital back;-) Does anyone have one for sale maybe? Thanks all;-)

Clawery

We have a P45+ (39MP) Contax mount in stock and it only has 1100 captures on it. It will also have a full one year warranty. We are asking $17,000.00 for it. You can PM me if you like or give me e-mail or call.

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

RSS Feed: Subscribe[/font]

J

jesperskov

17.000$ is to expensive for me;-( I am a photo student from Denmark, so the money is a little tight;-( But thanks

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
You might want to search out a Kodak DCS Pro back for your Contax body. They are 16MP square sensors and show up pretty regularly for around $3500 US. Very nice image quality, but it's an older design and you need to keep it at ISO 50 for optimum.

J

jesperskov

I have used the kodak on a Mamiya 645 AFD, with good results, but I cant find any on the web;-(

carstenw

If it doesn't bother you that Sinar probably stopped making backs, you might be able to find an eMotion 54 LV for about €5000. They are of course still in business and still honouring warranties, and the backs have adapters for different cameras.

Graham Mitchell

Just to add to Carsten's post, Sinar comes with 3 year warranty too, so that is a lot of peace of mind for your investment. Carsten and I are both using this back.

J

jesperskov

Thanks for all your help;-) I got a Leaf Valeo on eBay. Best regards. Jesper

douglasf13

Leaf Valeos can be shot untethered, but it requires a Compaq pda and a bulky battery pack. I used to do it, but it was rather crude and drove me nuts.