The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645Hi,

fotografz

Finally....you guys are seeing the advantages of the Sinar with the Hassy 200 gear. Congrats!
Not so fast ... the advantage is that it MAY be the only back that can be used for mobile work on a 200 series focal plane camera as well as the 500 series with the same adapter ... nothing more.

IF it works on the 200 series without any cripping restrictions, then that advantage alone is THE advantage.

Otherwise it's just another back, no better or worse than any other with a similar sensor size. Since the V cameras do not afford the distinct advantages of an integrated system, any "dumb" digital back will do. But it has to be able to sync with the 200 camera ... which the Sinar MAY be able to do and others clearly cannot. If it were just a matter of the 500 series cameras, virtually any 645 back will do just fine ... probably a Phase One because it's industrial design looks better than the Hassy grey or Sinar two tone.

gogopix

Subscriber
I guess I am missing something. What about Phase? was the P series only made in the "H" mount?

the earlier were for a V but only the 555el had the necessary electronics, I think
but what about using a Kapture group cable? if the mount of a 555 works (200 is V mount back, yes??) then only need synch from shutter to back, yes?
(but trwo step process I guess.

Lance, any ideas here?

Sinar will get all the 200 work if it works.