The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Orchid in the Backyard

mark1958

Thanks for the comments. I can say that for me was the incredible DR and now the ability to shoot high isos what has really made me a convert. The real downside is that for fast action, the 35mm DSLRs are unbeatable. Moreover, I can say that even though I can handhold my Hasselblad, I almost always use a tripod to maximize the image detail.

EH21

Exactly , I start looking at this stuff and it really gets me nervous. Just got a e-mail from Phase on refurbs. Look at this , I know Aptus has them also but the prices keep coming down

Digital Back Megapixels Original Price Refurb Special
P45 39MP $23,990 $17,990
P25 22MP $17,990 $13,990
P30 31.6MP $15,990 $11,990
Actually if you start to dig around you'll see even better deals. For example, there was a used P45 with still some warrantee left that sold on the LL buy&sell board last week for $10,500 and the seller had stated that he had to price it that low because the dealers were competing with him.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Wow that was a good deal add another 10k for bodies and lenses and at 20k have a full system. Not bad at all

PSon

Dr. Kay, I associate this leaf image with your best work like I have associated Guy's cockpit shot with the D21 as among the most impact images.
-son

David K

Workshop Member
I agree with you Son, Mark's image is outstanding. But if you're going to shoot a leaf it should be with a Leaf back... if it were, maybe Leaf would be interested in using it for their logo :)

mark1958

Son Thanks..
David.. very funny.. I have a leaf shot taken with my leaf back--- I should sell to Leaf as an add.. here it is.

fotografz

David, Mark ... breathtaking !!!!

I have a 120 Rodenstock Digitar Macro on it's way for the Rollei Xact using the H3D39-II. It'll be interesting to see what that sucker can do. So far, my experiences with the view camera and those digital formula lenses has been astounding.