The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Garapatta Beach, Aptus 75s (just a few miles south of the upcoming Workshop)

JimCollum

A couple of shots at low tide.

Processing was done with Alienware Exposure 2 (split toned), as well as a touch of grain added with TrueGrain plugin (i don't like my images to be 'smooth')

The beach here can change dramatically over a few months time. 6 months ago, the rocks you see in the foreground were all under sand. This beach is underwater during high tides.. so it's best to find a low tide to visit it.

David K

Workshop Member
Love the processing on these Jim... lovely shots and I'm jealous of those rocks in the ocean. We have some down here in Florida, but nothing to compare.

JimCollum

Love the processing on these Jim... lovely shots and I'm jealous of those rocks in the ocean. We have some down here in Florida, but nothing to compare.
Thanks David..and you'll never guess which lens i used for both shots :D

It's by far my favorite lens on this camera (Zeiss 110/2 Planar)

fotografz

Wowser!

That first one is like being there instead of being a photo. 3D.

Now, another haunting whisper in your ear ... (hee.hee,hee) ... Zeiss 250/4FE.

JimCollum

Wowser!

That first one is like being there instead of being a photo. 3D.

Now, another haunting whisper in your ear ... (hee.hee,hee) ... Zeiss 250/4FE.
you're a very evil man

(and thanks for tools to take this.. i know of some other people who are kicking themselves for missing out on it)

Terry

Hi Jim,
I like these a lot. Hopefully we will see you in Carmel. Charles and I plan to head a little bit south for Sunday after the workshop so if you have any favorite spots from Carmel down to Big Sur we are all ears.

JimCollum

Hi Jim,
I like these a lot. Hopefully we will see you in Carmel. Charles and I plan to head a little bit south for Sunday after the workshop so if you have any favorite spots from Carmel down to Big Sur we are all ears.
i'll be there for a couple of the days (real work gets in the way sometimes). Garapatta Beach is on the way between Carmel and Big Sur. I'll check on the tidal schedule for that day and see how it's going to look

jim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
you're a very evil man

(and thanks for tools to take this.. i know of some other people who are kicking themselves for missing out on it)
That makes two evil men... And yes, someone is kicking themselves VERY hard in the butt.

Terry

Better make that three because I missed the ad from Marc.
Doesn't a "Super Moderator" have special powers to block the owners from seeing posts that may be detrimental to the super moderator's own wants and needs???? Both of you need to be more careful before giving out these powers :D:D:D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You have a point here Terry , may have to knock Jim down a notch on the Bull and Sell so he can't see it. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Underdog was too fast for us

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well if you must know... Marc, being the friend he is and knowing I was interested in a MF system, was kind enough to offer the camera to me BEFORE he even listed it on the forums and I passed... So yeah, I have "STUPID LOSER" laser etched into my forehead right now, and self-inflicted shoe-prints all over my butt...

JimCollum

Well if you must know... Marc, being the friend he is and knowing I was interested in a MF system, was kind enough to offer the camera to me BEFORE he even listed it on the forums and I passed... So yeah, I have "STUPID LOSER" laser etched into my forehead right now, and self-inflicted shoe-prints all over my butt...
you should forgive yourself, jack.. *I* forgive you!

Guy Mancuso

I don't. The dumb ass:wtf:

What were you thinking. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I was not going to just let that one go by without a comment.

Jack no worries mate we still luv ya

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hi Jim,
Terry, good idea - some info from the California State Parks web site:
Garrapata SP
The park has two miles of beach front, with coastal hiking and a 50-foot climb to a beautiful view of the Pacific. The park offers diverse coastal vegetation with trails running from ocean beaches into dense redwood groves. The park also features outstanding coastal headlands at Soberanes Point. Sea lions, harbor seals and sea otters frequent the coastal waters and California gray whales pass close by during their yearly migration.

Location-Directions
The park is located on Highway 1, 6.7 miles south of Rio Road in Carmel (18 miles north of Big Sur).

Jim - Super photos!!!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I don't. The dumb ass:wtf:

What were you thinking. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I was not going to just let that one go by without a comment.

Jack no worries mate we still luv ya
Dumb ass is too mild. Three or four expletives used as a string of adjectives before the word "idiot" come to mind...

Guy Mancuso

I was trying to be nice. You know i don't want to get banned either.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

That Jim guy has a trigger finger