The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

digital lens... focal lenght...

archivue

Hi,

i know that wider is the focal lenght, more important is the difference between digital lens and regular LF one's.
So, here is my question : anybody test side by side something like an apo sironar s 150 vs an apo sironar digital 150 ?

for infos : i've tried myself a regular 120 macro rodenstock against my 90 apo sironar digital and wasn't impressed by the 120 (for macro work ! ).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, have not tested the lenses you ask about. I can tell you from my experience that generally speaking, lenses designed for MF digital capture are going to be sharper than those designed for LF film.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have not tried those either, but I can tell you that a 35mm apo-sironar is only about half as sharp as a 35mm Digitar-XL on a P45+ by my eye.
-bob