The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New PHASE ONE 645DF Medium Format CAMERA

Henry Goh

Guy,

Actually from the image, I'm guessing that the 110mm is much smaller than my Hassie-Zeiss 110mm lens. That would be the lens I'll buy first.

etrigan63

Regarding the LS/FP shutter firing order, I suspect that the FP shutter would remain open depending on the activation time of the sensor. If it acts like a darkslide, the sensor remains juiced up at all times, otherwise the sensor sits in a standby mode, the FP remains open, and the leaf shutter acts like a leaf shutter. The behavior may be back dependent (considering that they now support various Phase and Leaf backs).

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This is really great news, especially as there is now SK glass coming directly in front of the Phase camera/back.

I assume (hope) that there are more SK lenses to follow!?

Anybody any information about this?

tashley

Subscriber Member
Regarding the LS/FP shutter firing order, I suspect that the FP shutter would remain open depending on the activation time of the sensor. If it acts like a darkslide, the sensor remains juiced up at all times, otherwise the sensor sits in a standby mode, the FP remains open, and the leaf shutter acts like a leaf shutter. The behavior may be back dependent (considering that they now support various Phase and Leaf backs).
See my 'tease' thread for more on this....

yaya

BTW did anyone notice these look fairly small. I know hard to tell but they really don't look any bigger than a normal 80 in size. Tim can you elaborate on the size of the 80mm and it's filter size.
It is bigger than the FP version though not by much. About the same size as the old 35mm. The filter is ø72mm

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yaya/Tim:

Just curious: Does it take the film back or is the new body digital only?

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Any more detailed info on the 1/1600th sync?

Is the speed accomplished purely in the leaf shutter or using timing on the CCD (like the Nikon D70 did?)

Any limitations on aperture used?

Just curious. It's a big number and would be quite an accomplishment if the final specs (and results) match up to the marketing verbiage in the press release.

David

etrigan63

I'm curious too----if the RRS or Kirk L bracket from the Phase 645AF/Mamiya AFD III will fit the new Phase 645DF, or is there a minor body change that would require an all new L bracket??
I suspect that a new L-bracket is in order as this body is capable of mounting a vertical grip. Something has to have changed.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would expect some legacy backs from Leaf and Phase would only go to 1/800 but more like the P40 and P65 would do the 1/6000 . I would assume maybe some of the newer Leaf backs would as well.

There are legacy products here that maybe not designed to handle that speed.

I don't think there is any issue though with any older legacy glass. Dave mentioned earlier Hassy V with adapters, old mamiya and the new series D lenses. Plus the new leaf lenses. That is a lot of glass options out there.

kdphotography

I suspect that a new L-bracket is in order as this body is capable of mounting a vertical grip. Something has to have changed.
You're probably right, and I expected as much too. I believe the Phase 645AF and Mamiya AFDIII also required a new L bracket from the AFD/AFDII.

Bummer, but hey it's only money..... ;)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I don't think there is any issue though with any older legacy glass. Dave mentioned earlier Hassy V with adapters, old mamiya and the new series D lenses. Plus the new leaf lenses. That is a lot of glass options out there.
Confirmed. All old glass works on the new body. All the way back to the Mamiya lenses designed for the film-only 645 Pro TL and including the first generation Mamiya AF glass, as well as the Mamiya and Phase One "D" lenses and these new D LS lenses.

As well all the third party adapted lenses such as Hassy V or Pentacon 6.

Lots and lots of lenses