The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some good news for us Leaf users and P1 645DF

Jeff Turner

This was in my email from yesterday:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

October 1, 2009

Leaf and Phase One are excited to announce the establishment of a new joint venture known as Leaf Imaging US, to market, sell, and service Leaf digital camera equipment in North America.

We want to let you know that we are committed to providing excellent service and support as well as committed to providing the best digital solution in the industry.

This new organization will continue to support the freedom of choice that you, our customers, value, offering the best tools to serve your creative visions.

Join us in sharing our enthusiasm about this new development and for the many new innovations that will be produced.

In the coming months, we will be expanding the range of options for our Leaf shooters with support for Leaf digital backs in Phase One’s Capture One software.

The Leaf product portfolio will also continue to expand. In the lineup are the Leaf Aptus-II 8, a 40-Megapixel digital back and the entry level, affordable Leaf Aptus-II 5, a 22 Megapixel digital back. The Leaf Aptus-II product line will continue to be supported by Leaf Capture 11 software versions as well as Capture One.

Leaf Imaging US is also ready to support the new Phase One 645DF camera – along with the new range of leaf shutter lenses that were designed in co-operation with Schneider Kreuznach. The new Leaf Aptus-II backs fully support this new camera, and we are also planning to offer enhanced connectivity features, maximizing this camera’s true potential.

On our support side, I am very happy to share that Rick Adshead has joined our team to continue to provide the first class service and support that you are used to, and take care of our Leaf photographers nationwide.

Available Now - Special introductory promotions!
Leaf Imaging US is offering special opportunities

CAMERA PACKAGES

Leaf Aptus-II 10 (56 MP)
Phase One 645 AF camera and 80mm lens $32,490

Leaf Aptus-7 (33 MP)
Phase One 645 AF camera and 80mm lens $19,990

Leaf Aptus-6 (28 MP)
Phase One 645 AF camera and 80mm lens $14,990

LENSES and ACCESSORIES

Phase One Digital 28mm lens $4,490

Phase One Digital 45mm lens $1,990

Phase One Digital 80mm lens $1,290

Phase One Digital 120mm lens $2,290

Phase One Digital 150mm lens $3,090

Phase One Digital 75-150mm lens $3,890

Phase One Digital 45mm TS lens $3,990

4x5 adaptors

MORE SPECIALS

Refurbished Leaf Digital Backs Call for info

Upgrades from current Leaf digital backs Call for info

Upgrade warranties and join the unique service program available from Leaf Imaging US Call for info

UPCOMING

Capture One included with all Leaf digital backs end of October

Phase One 645DF camera Call for info

Schneider Kreuznach leaf shutter lenses

55 mm f/2.8 $ 3,490
80 mm f/2.8 $ 2,490
110 mm f/2.8 $ 3,990

New Contact Information - Sales and Support

Phone Number 631.547.8900

Follow Leaf updates on Twitter

Best regards,

Claus M. Pedersen
President
Leaf Imaging US

Steve Hendrix

This is tremendous news and as someone who has relied upon Rick many times, a great announcement for us to have access to Rick Adshead for support of Leaf products once again.

Nice to see the pricing on the LS Lenses too - not as bad as I had feared.

Steve Hendrix

Jeff Turner

...and it looks like C1 for Leaf by the end of October....

...I hope, I hope...for older Leaf backs as well since I use an Aptus 75S...

Steve Hendrix

...and it looks like C1 for Leaf by the end of October....

...I hope, I hope...for older Leaf backs as well since I use an Aptus 75S...
My feeling in general is that software developments going forward - whether it's Leaf Capture or Capture One - are going to be limited to the current models that Leaf Imaging sells, meaning Aptus II, Aptus (not Aptus S) and new products. While it doesn't mean that the software will not work with, say an Aptus 75-S, it would mean "officially and technically" it may not be supported.

I have no confirmation of this, but this is the picture that seems to be appearing. I expect Leaf will formally disclose compatibility at some point when new software releases are announced.

Steve Hendrix

archivue

Capture One included with all Leaf digital backs end of October...

they should write :
Capture One included with all current Leaf digital backs end of October... otherwise there's a cpnfusion for most of creo/leaf customers like myself !