The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New view cameras for MFDB and DSLR?

bensonga

A few days ago I came across a product announcement on the Web for two new view cameras, one which would attach to a DSLR and the other uses a medium format digital back. For the life of me, I can't find that information now and I can't remember which company was announcing these new products. Does this ring a bell with anyone here?

Gary

Steve Hendrix

A few days ago I came across a product announcement on the Web for two new view cameras, one which would attach to a DSLR and the other uses a medium format digital back. For the life of me, I can't find that information now and I can't remember which company was announcing these new products. Does this ring a bell with anyone here?

Gary

The hearty Hartblei:

http://www.hartblei.de/en/index.htm

Steve Hendrix

Given that you said "view camera" I would have to guess you were looking at the Arca M Line Two. I've been shooting with mine since July and love it! It weighs as little as my old F Line Compact 6x9 and the geared movements are downright sexy. I do have the kit to attach my D3 to it but have shooting only to a P65+ and haven't tested the dslr setup yet. I'll be doing a thorough review on my blog in a couple weeks when I've got a few more shoots behind the camera.

-Chris

bensonga

The Arca Swiss M-Line2....that's the one. Thanks guys. Look forward to hearing more about your experience with it Chris.

Gary

Steve Hendrix

Right, sorry - I didn't read your post all the way through Gary - obviously the Hartblei camera is not a view camera, so never mind that. I just saw that you mentioned takes digital backs as well as DSLR's.

Steve Hendrix