The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leaf capture 11.2.4 last upgrade for aptus 22 ?

archivue

with the annoucement of support for current leaf back with capture one, it looks like the Aptus 22 won't be C1 compatible.

The last two versions of Leaf Capture seems to not handle leaf Aptus 22 as well...

so, this is the end of the story ? no software upgrade anymore ? will have to stick with 11.2.4 and cross fingers for compatibility issues with Mac OS... ?

P20, P25 users keep using the current C1, same for Hassy back and focus... for such expensive devices, i was suspecting soft upgrades for more years...

yaya

with the annoucement of support for current leaf back with capture one, it looks like the Aptus 22 won't be C1 compatible.

The last two versions of Leaf Capture seems to not handle leaf Aptus 22 as well...

so, this is the end of the story ? no software upgrade anymore ? will have to stick with 11.2.4 and cross fingers for compatibility issues with Mac OS... ?

P20, P25 users keep using the current C1, same for Hassy back and focus... for such expensive devices, i was suspecting soft upgrades for more years...
Hello David,

The new Leaf Capture software has been verified for compatibility with the following Leaf Imaging Ltd. digital backs, with a serial number beginning with the letters “LI”:
Leaf Aptus-II 6
Leaf Aptus-II 7
Leaf Aptus-II 10
Remanufactured Leaf Aptus 75
Remanufactured Leaf Aptus 65
Remanufactured Leaf Aptus 22

11.2.4 was the last "Kodak" version and therefore it is the one that officially supports backs made by Kodak/Creo, including tethering, firmware etc.
These backs (with "LF" serial numbers), if still under warranty, are covered by Kodak.

Backs made by the new Leaf imaging company require 11.2.8 (and up) for tethering. They will not connect to 11.2.4. They carry "LI" serial numbers and come with Leaf Imaging warranty.

Leaf Imaging continues to develop LC however it cannot guaranty 100% support for backs made by another company (read Kodak/ Creo) yes even though they are basically the same products.

As the new software does not load any firmware to the "old" back (with "LF" or "NR" serial numbers), there is no risk. An Aptus 22 should work without any problem. If something does not work, you can go back to 11.2.4

Once the warranty expires the customer can choose to extend it through the new Leaf Imaging company (at a charge), the company will then ask for the back to be sent in for a check and an update as necessary. After this the back will be fully compatible with new releases of LC.

I hope this is clear, please contact your dealer for more details.

Yair

evgeny

Yair,
when LeafCapture will be available for Mac OS 10.6?

Also please send me a PM with the upgrade options for my Aptus 65/Contax645. This will help me to better choose where to spend money.

yaya

Hi Evgeny,

A new version is expected this month with Snow Leopard compatibility.

There are several options for trading in an Aptus 65 to Aptus-II 6/7/10. Best is to contact Jugend for pricing and availability.

Yair

D

ddk

Hi Evgeny,

A new version is expected this month with Snow Leopard compatibility.

There are several options for trading in an Aptus 65 to Aptus-II 6/7/10. Best is to contact Jugend for pricing and availability.

Yair
Hi Yair,

One of my db's SR# starts with NR, what does this mean? :confused:

D

ddk

Thanks Yair, I had the mount changed on this back, I guess that's what you mean by remanufactured.