The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hassy Upgrade

stephengilbert

From the comments at TOP on the new Hassy focus thingy:

Hasselblad has also announced the return of its upgrade programme, which it shelved last year in a bid to lower its entry prices. 'We have looked at the feedback from our customers,' says Poulsen. 'And we realised it was not a wise thing to do. Our customers need to know that they are taken care of. So we're reintroducing the upgrade program.'

Can't wait to hear how Leica's better anyway, as their lack of such a program encourages us to work harder and save our money, and it helps grow the economy.

carstenw

Can't wait to hear how Leica's better anyway, as their lack of such a program encourages us to work harder and save our money, and it helps grow the economy.
You clearly don't like to hear the comments from Leica fans, so why do you start at all with such pointless, snide remarks? Just leave it be.

stephengilbert

It was a joke, Carsten. If Leica (or Leica fan-boy) jokes are not permitted, someone let me know, and I'll avoid them in the future. I think "snide" comments sometimes act as an antidote to the self involved worshipful stuff that sometimes appears regarding Leica, which as we know is the very bestest camera there's ever been.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
You clearly don't like to hear the comments from Leica fans, so why do you start at all with such pointless, snide remarks? Just leave it be.
Ok, but I must say I really, really do not want to become this forum such a sterile and unenjoyable and sometimes silly place like the LUF :eek:

carstenw

It was a joke, Carsten. If Leica (or Leica fan-boy) jokes are not permitted, someone let me know, and I'll avoid them in the future. I think "snide" comments sometimes act as an antidote to the self involved worshipful stuff that sometimes appears regarding Leica, which as we know is the very bestest camera there's ever been.
Just forget it. There is no point in starting another argument about it, but it would have been much cleverer just not to make a joke which clearly takes a stab at a specific group of people, no matter which side that might be.