The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A leaf and mamiya head scratcher

T

theunseenworld

Hello all,

This is my first post and I have to say i'm stuck with what to do next other than have to get a mac laptop, so here goes. My set up is a Mamiya RB with an old leaf valeo 11 back (i'm an assistant and I managed to get one second hand) I have checked all the different bits of kit and they all work just not together :mad: . The extension cables and back works happily on my office imac but I need to shoot into my laptop instead. Its a windows laptop with enough ram and tje software seems happily installed, its an xp service pack 3 windows laptop, I have an external firewire card which has an external power source and this powers up the back, (but the led only seem to stay yellow on the pc and not turn green!) and when I try to connect it to the leaf capture software I get the same error message asking if i have connected the back to the firewire cable (which it already is) I have tried all combinations of launching software and plugging things in, i just hope one of you might have an idea of a driver or something that will help make the system work!

Many Thanks

Sophie

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I think Kumar is correct -- IIRC, Valeo was only Mac OS compatible.

T

theunseenworld

Oh dear, I checked the release notes and it seems that you are all right, as I don't have the money for a mac laptop, an emulator to run os and then the right software may be my only option other than lugging around my Imac :eek:

T

theunseenworld

Thanks steve I'm in the UK so i wonder if shipping might not happen!

yaya

Oh dear, I checked the release notes and it seems that you are all right, as I don't have the money for a mac laptop, an emulator to run os and then the right software may be my only option other than lugging around my Imac :eek:
An emulator is unlikely to work with any mac-developed drivers especially when firewire is involved.
Your best option is a G4 based Mac (iBook or Powerbook) or if you can stretch it to an early Mackbook this is much better. The V11 produces relatively small file so it doesn't require monstrous processing power.

As you're in the UK you can contact Peartree Photo for further advice

Yair