The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Trade in Policy - Questions

Actually I don't think that Hasselblad initially thought about a 60MP FF back. Why offer a 50MP 1.1 crop and literally the same back without crop at 60MP? They announced the H3-50 just before the last Photokina. Then Phase announced the P65+ full frame and in return Hasselblad announced a 60MP FF back as well... to be delivered spring after Photokina or so.
There's nothing wrong with that (if true at all)... the H3-50 just doesn't make any sense - it was dated in the second the P65+ and H3-60 were announced. Now you have to live with the crop for the 28mm and the zoom lens on the FF back. But I also see no issue here. Especially as the corner sharpness of the sole competitor doesn't seem to be good... if usable at all.
Lot of speculation... sorry :)
The 50 is not dated by any means.

Massive megapixels is not for everybody. The 50 produces a great image, has a multi shot option, gives you a nice range of movement on the HTS, shoots VERY fast (actually faster than the 31) so it is not outdated.

I find these kinds of comments very puzzling. Again, it is not just about the No. of Megapixels.

Ok - back on topic....!

As for the upgrade program the price varies a little between an H owner this could be..

H1/H2/V + Digital Back

...and a non H owner

ANY MF camera system and a digital back.

Guy - lens(es) are not part of the requirement.

Then there is a very large matrix depending on No. or Mpixels going to what new camera and so on.

In Peter's case to upgrade his H3DII39 to an H4D60 would be approx €13,000 depending on local taxes, etc etc. How hard he leans on the dealer... ;-)

List price of the H4D60 is €28,995 so you can immediately see the saving.

I hope that draws an end to the argument.

Oh and @Doc - yes to go from 39 to 50 or 60 is the same price.

David

carstenw

Carsten,

Apologies for being a little bit aggressive but this is a muck raking post to me, regarding 'Hasselblad management's ability to foresee their own future'.

People forget that we do not alone make the H4D60. There are existing users of 22MP cameras and not forgetting the current 31,39 and 50 models. Therefore the 28mm and 35-90 are extremely useful to all those customers. They form a significantly larger proportion of users than potential 60 customers.

Should we therefore cancel those two lenses because they are 'only' compatible with 4 out of 5 sensors? No, I don't think so.

Also with regards to the 60 the 28mm only loses about 5% of sensor area and on the 35-90 it is only at the widest setting. There is no issue with quality level.

I have explained this many times before, but if you want to keep mentioning it, please go ahead.

David
I will answer this in a new thread, David.

PeterA

David,

thanks for your professional response and I apologise for any inconvenience. I am happy to hear that the benchmark price is transparentand open - perhaps the thread on price as a question was worthwhile to others apart from myself - well I know it has been...the $AUD is a very volatile currency. These days everybody loves it - however when I purchased teh 39..teh dollar was a good 30% lower in relative values - for once 'luck ' is on my side!

In future I shall address my questions to Hasselblad representatives (like yourself) directly.

"Much Ado About Nothing" - was one of my favorite plays-:)

To anyone else with their knickers in a knot - apologies for any offense taken - none was meant.

Pete

rmueller

In case someone is interested, just got an email from my dealer on the
upgrade path of my H3DII-31:

H3DII-31 to H4D-50: 13000 Euro
H3DII-31 to H4D-60: 16000 Euro

Hmmh, how close is christmas ?

Best Regards,
Ralf

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ok - back on topic....!

As for the upgrade program the price varies a little between an H owner this could be.

Oh and @Doc - yes to go from 39 to 50 or 60 is the same price.

David
Thank you David,

It seemed like there would be a premium on the 60....nice to see that there is not.:thumbup:

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
David,

Previous trade-in programs were very time limited...is this the case now?

Thanks,

Bob