The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 150mm HC f/3.2 ISSUES?!?

KETCH ROSSI

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get the Hassy 150mm HC, and I was made aware of issues with early batches of this lens, by the reseller, warning me about its purchase in the used market, is this a fact? How would I know if such lens is indeed one of those early batches affected by the issues? Was there a Serial number starting and ending point to this issues?

Thanks for your assistance in helping me making sure I don't get screwed by purchasing a defective lens.

Thanks,

Ketch Rossi

Hi Ketch,

Maybe your dealer is a little confused, but there were no issues as such with the HC150.

We improved the design quite some time ago and they are denominated the HC150N.

Physical appearance is the same, but the optical performance is higher.

However, many users were happy with the 150 in its original state anyway!

So, you pays your money, make your choice etc etc.

Best,

David

KETCH ROSSI

Thanks for your super fast response David, much appreciated :)

So do the 150HC have also a "N" marking on the actual lens? Or the fact that is an HC lens means that this is the New version of the 150 in its original version?

Thanks again David.

Thanks for your super fast response David, much appreciated :)

So do the 150HC have also a "N" marking on the actual lens? Or the fact that is an HC lens means that this is the New version of the 150 in its original version?

Thanks again David.
The new HC 150N has been optically redesigned for improved chromatic aberration correction. The sharpness over the whole of the image area is now also more evenly distributed.

The lens shade bayonet has been improved for better fitting and the front ring now has the marking “3,2/150N”.

150Nmm HC MTF

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

B

bracan

Keith, I was purchase few months ago used HC150 and HC35 from Procentre, Hassy distributer located in London and it was pearless. Fantastic peaces of used glasses. Try before you buy:)

Last edited: