The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

advise please

thomas

We could say the same thing about...
10MP APS-C is ~the same as 12MP APS-C
14MP APS-C is ~the same as 12MP FF
… and so on up to the the statement that you can't tell a G10 from a P45+.
I should have sticked with my Polaroid AF660 land camera…

Christopher

As long as I know the image I see a difference. Pretty simple huh ? As long as one shot and processed the image you will always be able to "SEE" the difference.

I bet that at an normal print size (for the G10), framed hanging in a gallery nearly all of us couldn't tell the difference between a G10 and P45. However, I don't buy a P45 to print A4 or A3 sizes ;-)

thomas

I bet that at an normal print size (for the G10), framed hanging in a gallery nearly all of us couldn't tell the difference between a G10 and P45. However, I don't buy a P45 to print A4 or A3 sizes ;-)
That's fine. There were always people who couldn't tell an Agfa Pan from an FP4plus, an Ectachrome from a Kodachrome or a Fuji Sensia, Baryt paper from PE semigloss and so on.
I am getting asked periodically if I shoot large format film (in part certainly due to the motifs I shoot... however) - this happens when I show my small prints in DinA3 I print to carry arround in my portfolio.