The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Okay MAMIYA 645AFD shooters, share your Lens knowledge..Please!!

kdphotography

Good at least Jack is getting the crap this time. i get blamed for some many lens purchases it's scary. LOL

Go get him Bill don't let him off the hook that easy. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
I was completely happy with my 75-150D (still thrilled), but picked up the 150D and it is simply stellar.

And Guy does get the blame for that one. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I really wish you'd SHUT UP, Jack! I've been hearing about that darn 150 2.8 from you for some time now, and tonight I finally broke down and ordered one.
I will go on record that the 150/2.8 is *NOT* a mandatory lens in every Mamiya kit! All I said is that it is perhaps the best lens I have ever owned or tested, period. :)D) The hard fact is though, that I rarely use mine except when I'm doing studio work and even then, am almost convinced it is too good for people -- seriously, I have considered selling it because of those two reasons. (But then it is the perhaps the single best piece of optics I have ever used or tested :rolleyes:)

The reality for me is the 75-150 is the lens that is mounted on my camera most of the time -- so please don't be surprised if you see my 150/2.8 in the B&S one day. In fact Bill, if it's not too late, I might be tempted to sell you mine which is a confirmed stellar copy...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Certainly does not help anyone trying to be thrifty . Your all gear sluts. I say that scouring to buy stuff before my wife gets into my paypal account.:D

Don Libby

The copy of my 75-150 was very good and if I wasn’t using the 28 I used that one. I forget who I sold the 28 to but Jack – didn’t you get the 75-150?

Just keep watching the Gear FS as you never know when a great deal is coming your way and it keeps it in the family….:)

Christopher

It's funny. I feel exactly like Jack. Love the lens, it is one of the best I have ever seen. (Besides the Leica 28 R and a few M lenses) However I am too really thinking about selling mine. The problem is that out of all of my images the lens is not used that often. (I would say it is not long enough and not short enough.) So for usage on the AFD it is more or less like this:

45D - 55%
80D - 35%
150D - 10%

On the other hand if i would shoot in a studio or people, I probably would use it much more often. It just hurts to see such a great lens, used so little.

KETCH ROSSI

He he, this forum is FUN, and you guys sorry to say but really are a bit nuts :LOL:

Btw Jack, even so I'll be very likely cashed out for a while after the MF system purchase, let me know when you do sale your 150 2.8, I might spend a day on the strip and get some money for it :ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The copy of my 75-150 was very good and if I wasn’t using the 28 I used that one. I forget who I sold the 28 to but Jack – didn’t you get the 75-150?
Yep, I sure did -- and thank you very much! :thumbup:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
He he, this forum is FUN, and you guys sorry to say but really are a bit nuts :LOL:

Btw Jack, even so I'll be very likely cashed out for a while after the MF system purchase, let me know when you do sale your 150 2.8, I might spend a day on the strip and get some money for it :ROTFL:
I will sell it as soon as somebody offers me $2000 for it, so go hit the strip!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ha! You haven't sen anything yet.

Just wait until the 645DF and the new leaf shutter lenses hit the streets and Guy springs into action. You'll have to refresh the Buy & Sell every 30 seconds (or less!) to stay current and he'll have a 10 page thread field report on each new piece of equipment jam packed with tons of info and images for everyone to review before the dealers have time to cock their shutters and check their inventory!. :bugeyes:

You can tell Guy is getting the itch by the small rumblings in the buy and sell from him now. I am sure he is losing sleep thinking about 1/800-1/1600 sync speeds just for starters.

Submitted with the utmost respect and admiration :angel:

Guy Mancuso

Damn I am that obvious i have a serious itch going. LOL

And Charlie i luv ya too. LOL

Trying to get a DF for the workshop

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well, Jack, I ordered mine from Harry's Pro Shop already so I can't take advantage of yours.

Actually, I see "long" and find I use the 75-150 at either 75 or 150, but rarely much in between! And then I'm looking at the P65 in future and suspect that the zoom simply won't do it as much justice at the long end. I may end up just using primes - the 28, 55, 80, 120 and 150. (And of course the 300.)

Fact is, I used the 150 3.5 a lot and only sold it when I got the zoom, so I expect to get lots of use out of the D version.

Enough of the rationale - I am and always have been a gear slut anyway.

But I'll still blame you - and Guy too....

Incidentally, Happy Birthday to DPI!

Bill

Guy Mancuso

You can't shift the blame like that without some compensation. Okay i will take all the heat but i want a steak out of this deal. LOL

KETCH ROSSI

Man I already see that Guy LOVES stakes :D

You know Guy in Italy we have the some of the Best stakes and its called Bistecca alla Fiorentina (Porterhouse), served with sautee' spinach in extra Virgin olive oil and roasted garlic..

KETCH ROSSI

He he, sorry I reminded you its delicious flavor! I miss Home so much, you know all the usual things..the girls..the food..oh and the family :D